Old coat of arms medal?

ItsMe

Tenderfoot
Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1363731347330.jpg

Found that medal/brooch thing today.
I've been searching quite a bit to see what it is.
No success so far.
I figured someone on here would have more knowledge and be able to help me out.
Please reply if you have any ideas/leads/or know what it is.
What country?Era? Worth?
Sorry photo is crappy and limited info on my part. I haven't bought the piece.....
It's a little over 4 inches tall altogether. Top part is about an inch wide. Bottom part is maybe a little over 3 inches wide.
It's a button of some sort.
Can't remember if there was a maker mark or anything on the back. No hallmarks.
Thank you!

Edit: Bottom part has two lions holding sword in what I believe could be a sun.
Top part has one lion on bottom half and two lions on top half.

UPDATE:
blah.jpg
Found this pic. The lions in white part of the shields are identical as far as I can tell(not color but positioning of body and sword).
The only information provided with that pic was that it is a Vintage Heraldic Brooch.
Found that pic buy going to google images and putting in "royal coat of arms brooch"

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's British, the stance of the lions is known as 'Lions Rampant' because their tails are up. If the tails were down they are known as 'Lions Coward'! Does your medal have a crown like the one in the picture you found? If yes, that is a Kings Crown indicating that the Monarch was male when the piece was made, therefore at least pre-1953 when our current Queen was crowned. The six pointed star beneath the crown represent the points of the compass, indicating that the crown rules over all the Empire. The heraldic symbol is placed within the compass to indicate that the bearer is part of the crown rule.

Upvote 0
I don't know if there is a crown. I don't think there is. That very top part next to the silver looking part (I think it was a pin) could be a crown. If it's not who could it have belonged to (person, status, etc). How rare do you think this could be or value of a piece like this?
Again sorry for the crappy picture and limited info. I called and asked the store to hold it for me.
It's going to be $4, what do think about that?
I'm new to this antique/treasure hunt good stuff.

Upvote 0
Also from what I recall there is minimal wear. I know for sure in a few places on the stars. If I remember correctly a darker alloy underneath maybe like the color of the piece I referenced.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back