Old Cigarette Case I think.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Found this about a week ago. Doing some more picture testing and figured it was cool enough for a pic. I was hoping for some money in it but not this time. I think it would have held home made cigarettes I could be wrong. Just seems like my cigarettes would be to big. Plus not sure if machine made cigarettes were out at that time. Or if people could afford them. Snaps shut and it's the first one I have found.

Hope you like it

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• old Cig Case edited.JPG
    old Cig Case edited.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 342
  • case opened edited.JPG
    case opened edited.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 328
Upvote 0
Way back when....not going to tell how long ago, I remember when there was onlly regular size unfiltered cigarettes the size of unfiltered Camels or Lucky Strikes. They fit in the case just right and I think it held half a pack. Some of those cigarette carriers were solid gold or silver while that one appears to have been plated at one time. Neat find as you want find them in your local stores anymore! Monty

Jer,

that's a keeper, nice artifact. Definitely for cigarettes. Did not have to be for hand rolled. Many would place store bought smokes in them for the added protection it offered. More of a status thing rather than protection I think.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Thanks guys. You are right it would have held lucky strikes camels none filters. It probably would have held a whole pack of those. It is bigger than it looks I guess. It would fit a Back pocket jean nice. Then it has the flap attached at the middle to go over the cigarettes to hold them down.

Who know's may have been money in it at one point. Bills possibly. Found it in the woods on the surface in a really old neighborhood.

HH Jer

Very cool find,,, WTG!!!
Love the little pieces of history...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Nice find Jer!

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back