tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've drove by this old camper on a back road of western Colorado a few times over the years. It sits back off the road in a canyon and no one is ever around the house by it and there is no other home site close to it with anyone ever around, so I can't find anyone who could tell me what it is or if it can be bought. I kinda like it and if I could buy it I may be interested? I've no clue of the condition of the inside as I'd be trespassing to get a closer looks. The warning to trespassers in this neck of the woods reads like TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT & SURVIVERS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN.

What is it?
How old is it?
Am I seeing a treasure in the hills?

Attachments

• old camper.jpg
    old camper.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 226
Yeah?...those I think are worth some bucks???

Upvote 0
Getting close to it for the plate No. could be risky. I'll try with my binoculars and hope it has a plate on it. I don't see a mailbox on the road by the house that is more of a shack. I do get that sense of someone watching me in this area when I stop, You know what I mean? I think its worth some money especially restored and maybe even as-is! all that pending what it is and the condition of it.

Upvote 0
yes, knowing the area, someone probably put that thing out there to catch trespassers...

if you can see the license plate. you can find out who owns the trailer...I can only imagine the damage to the interior from freezing....all the important pipes are inside that house.

Upvote 0
If it's close enough to get the picture than it should be close enough to get a plate number.
Use a spotting scope or make a quick run over to it.
Don't hang around and snoop.
If you are questioned your intentions are good and this is the only way to get info.
You could also go to the local county office and search the title to the property and contact them that way.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Looks like someone might of painted a Airstream light blue. Originally could of been polished aluminum under that paint. The smaller Airstreams like that I believe are the more desirable ones.

Upvote 0
As HuntiDog mentioned, check the tax records for that property and contact the owner.

Upvote 0
Looks like an Airstream Safari model. It was a "lower-priced, no frills" unit. They were usually painted, rather than polished.
Jim

Upvote 0
Well I'll see what I can do about finding the owner, So it's maybe a late 40s early 50s Airstream? I'm sure if I ever find the owner they'll have some insane price. I was thinking these can be worth some good money if you can buy one at a good price. I just think it be cool to fix that thing up and get an old truck like a 46 ford to go along with it.

Upvote 0
Argosy was a lower line of the Airstream brand that was not bright aluminum. Might be one of those.

$T2eC16NHJHIFFhkutnJLBSSwcQ8i+!~~48_35.JPG

Upvote 0
It is probably setup for a hunt camp. A lot of hunters around have campers out in the woods or at a hunt camp. It loks like it could be in use. Tony

Upvote 0
It is probably setup for a hunt camp. A lot of hunters around have campers out in the woods or at a hunt camp. It loks like it could be in use. Tony
Sure! That be it... lots a deer, elk, bear and cats around the area. My father inlaw lived in NW PA and had a camp that all started with a 1940s school bus. The only part you can see of the original bus now is from the inside. The outside has been added on over the years and now the old bus is hidden from view from the outside. I think they need to let this old camper go for some money and build or buy a newer camp trailer. This old camper needs to be brought back to it's original condition and save it from the scrapyard and just from the elements from being outside over all these years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back