Picture 017 (3).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 229
Re: Old Cameo

WOW!!

That's a pretty piece ;D ;D

Tim

Upvote 0

Those "metal stones" are probably marcasite (white iron pyrite). It was quite popular in Victorian times.

I believe the ".800" is a silver mark (80% pure; sterling silver is .925).

Upvote 0

omg YOU lucky dog..listen up..am a cameo collector here.... first off..the lil stones round the edges are called marcasites.. the missing ones can be replaced, they sparkle real real nice... also, from your photo, it looks like its signed on the back of the cameo by the carver...so do this, hold it up to a bright light... see if it has any hair line cracks, right now I am not sure if its resin (type of plastic mold) but, if the back is signed by the carvers initals then you got one real nice cameo. also the three ladies dancing ( crap I will look em up..theres a name for those three... will get back to ya on that one ok) three muses..or something like that.....

Upvote 0

It is called the three muses.... and it is sterling as well... pendant/brooch as well... one nice piece ya got there... again, look for chips or hairline cracks and seriously look on the back to see if that is signed, if so, it ups the value of it too...

Upvote 0

Holy Smoke, that's a beautiful find!! Why can't I find something like that? :'( :D

;) RR

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back