Old brooch?

trout69

Jun 17, 2011
Hello:

Old brooch. Maybe sterling silver because the reverse side is shiny after years in the ground. Dark stone?? Any comments on the brooch would be appreciated. Brooch is approximately 1 inch wide and 2 in long.

Thanks and happy holidays!!

Attachments

• brooch.jpg
    brooch.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 403
Do you have A Picture Of the Back side??? Great Find Chug

Upvote 0

Attachments

• ring grandma.jpg
    ring grandma.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 420
Upvote 0
trout69 said:
Hello:

Old brooch. Maybe sterling silver because the reverse side is shiny after years in the ground. Dark stone?? Any comments on the brooch would be appreciated. Brooch is approximately 1 inch wide and 2 in long.

Thanks and happy holidays!!

Attachments

• brooch2.jpg
    brooch2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 655
Upvote 0
It's a Victorian 'mourning' brooch denoted by the black stone. The open face roses are so typical of the Victorian era. Neat find :thumbsup: Breezie

Upvote 0
Breezie said:
It's a Victorian 'mourning' brooch denoted by the black stone. The open face roses are so typical of the Victorian era. Neat find :thumbsup: Breezie

Great ID P.S. Love your New Avatar Pic Breezie

Upvote 0
Breezie said:

Thanks for the ID

Upvote 0
Chug And Red said:
Breezie said:

LOL Chug & Red . . .thanks . . . a little something I learned from Crocodile Dundee! :laughing7:

You're welcome Trout.

Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Chug And Red said:
Breezie said:

LOL Chug & Red . . .thanks . . . a little something I learned from Crocodile Dundee! :laughing7:

You're welcome Trout.
Cool avatar Breezie!!! I'd title it "Some people will go to ANY length to recover good coins."

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back