Old Books?

ConnerBates123

Aug 4, 2015
AL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Other
I purchased two old books, and am unsure of what they may be and what they may be worth. I am not much of a book collector (I thought I would give it a try, just not my thing) and will probably sell them to a local bookstore if they are of no interest to me. So, here are the titles of the books:

Recueil de Pièces Authentiques sur le Captif de Sainte-Hélène de Memoirs et Documens Ecrits ou Dictes par L'empereur Napoleon (Book is from 1822)

and

Digested Indxes to the reported decisions of the several courts of law in the United States, by Thomas Day, New York, published by I. Riley (Book is from 1816)
(This book also includes a commemoration on one page of the fortieth anniversary of U.S. Independence)

If anyone has any info on value and general info on these books, that would be fantastic. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The Thomas Day book which I assume is Volume 2 (1816), that you have, I could not find but I found Volume 1 (1813) for sale at 70 to 75 dollars. Condition would be a big factor also.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hm, so this Napoleon Bonaparte book could be fairly rare. I also forgot to mention this particular book has a portrait of Napoleon on one of the first few pages that appears to be pressed with a copper plate.

Upvote 0
Three hours of research later and I still can't figure out any value on this Napoleon Book. Hope I can figure out something before next week, will probably take it to be sold then. Don't want to get ripped off.

Upvote 0
Looked, no results found, interesting that it isn't on record with their website. (Any way to change the title of the thread? Maybe I need to be more specific.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Everyone figure it's probably just worth what someone is willing to pay?

Upvote 0
Contact Butterfields auction house. They have a book expert on staff and can tell you if it is worth listing for free

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back