Old? Belt Buckle

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I posted pics of this yesterday in "Todays Finds". Maybe more answers here. I think the front is brass. Front has engravings of flowers and possibly leaves. The center of the front has what looks like a magnolia flower. It was in 2 pieces when I found it. Its about 3 inches across and 1 1/2 top to bottom. I cant find a picture anywheres on the net. Can anyone tell how old it is? Thanks.

Attachments

• buckle2 004.jpg
    buckle2 004.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 218
  • buckle new 002.jpg
    buckle new 002.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 237
  • buckle new 004.jpg
    buckle new 004.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 216
  • buckle2 004.jpg
    buckle2 004.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 226
How are the 2 pieces related? To me, they seem to be 2 different things. One has a hook that could be to go through a hole and seems to be in pretty bad shape. Is it made of brass? The other seems to be something decorative and in much better condition.

Can you show how the 2 pieces would fit together?

Daryl

Upvote 0
Appears that the top surface is a thin plate and the bottom piece is a more substantial base for the thin plate. Am I right?

Upvote 0
You got it balding boy. I showed the front, which is a thin plate and has been somewhat cleaned up and is made of brass. The second picture is the back which is some type of iron i suppose, not cleaned up and looking at the back to see the hook. I added a pic of the 2 together.

Attachments

• buckle 005.jpg
    buckle 005.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 179
  • buckle 005.jpg
    buckle 005.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 0
How about a photo of the back with it assembled? Or just describe where the hook comes into play.

Daryl

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back