Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok... here's another old 1916 note that was in the batch I got from the MI. basement. This small note measures 4" x 2 5/8" (small). I think it's French but not sure. I googled it but got a lot of foreign language links and couldn't make sense of them. I'm just curious what it is and if it's worth a nickle or not....? Thanks, Brad

(I screwed up the camera date somehow)

Attachments

• DSCN0502.JPG
    DSCN0502.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN0504.JPG
    DSCN0504.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Ken.... You did better than me buddy. I know none of these notes are probably not gonna be collectables but was just checking. I know NOTHING about them.

You may not be able to retire on them, but they're still pretty cool. I have some that I put in a frame just for decoration..
DSCN1315.JPG

Upvote 0
You may not be able to retire on them, but they're still pretty cool. I have some that I put in a frame just for decoration..
View attachment 1334737

Looks great Ken.... I'm a woodworker and maybe I'll get all the info on each one, build a custom frame and mount them. I'll attach the info on the back of the frame about each note.

Upvote 0
Thank you Don.... But can you read French? I can't. I assume this note isn't a rarity but was just wondering what the worth is if any?

EDIT: So if I read the conversation table right... it's around $6.00 U.S. dollars?

My browser Goggle Chrome has the option of translating text on foreign websites, according to my browser's option the eBay listing's title translates to this...

"TICKET TRADE CHAMBER OF ROCHE S / YON GOOD TWENTY-FIVE CENTS"

The online Bing Translator translates the text as...

"TICKET CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OF LAROCHE S/YON VOUCHER OF TWENTY-FIVE CENTS"

Upvote 0
Mount it Brad! That would look great hanging on the wall.

Upvote 0
Mount it and then you could sell it for a whole lot of money. That would definitely make it worth "hanging" onto.

Upvote 0
Mount it and then you could sell it for a whole lot of money. That would definitely make it worth "hanging" onto.

You know it looks like none of these old notes are collectable or real rare.... But I bet your right. If I mounted all these 1914 - 1916 WW1 notes from around the world into a single good looking frame the lot would be worth more together w/info then individually.

I have just a couple more to post. When I'm done posting and have the time I'll take my time and mount them all and re-post the finished product.

Upvote 0
In other words, use in a case of an Emergency, right, like when you run out of toliet paper and really don't won't to use an old corn cob that you also stored away in case of an Emergency??!!??!!:laughing7::tongue3: Sorry Brad, I just could not resist!!

Frank

There awful small Frank.... It would have to be a REAL emergency!!!!! Or you'd have to have a lot of them.... just saying buddy.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back