Okay, but what is it...?

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
They scraped the top off the lot across from my house today. It's next to an old church and the church's gravel parking lot. They have picnics and stuff out there, so I thought it might be good. When the heavy equipment left, I popped over for a few minutes. The place was loaded with old iron and junk. Looked like there may have been a fire way back when. My house had a fire in the '30s or so. Maybe it wasn't the only one burned...

The soil is crazy dense clay and was loaded with iron, so I didn't dig too long, but I did find...something... My first signal was the following. Any idea what it is? Note: In pic 2 you can see a wire or cable attached with the wingnut.

Attachments

• what1.jpg
    what1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 675
  • what2.jpg
    what2.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 677
  • what3.jpg
    what3.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 679
Thanks!

Any guess as to possible age?

Upvote 0
Guess I shoulda' mentioned it's only about 14" long, and the shaft is hollow. I think the shaft is copper and the other bits are brass or bronze.

Upvote 0
It is part of a power transmission fuse,look on the wires by the transformer that feeds your house.That fuse was blown,the wire is the fuseable link.

hasbeen

Upvote 0
Ah, cool. That pic does look a lot like a more recent version of the thing I found. Guess that solves it.

Would you believe I first thought I was digging up a purse with metal clasps? Wishful thinking... :P

Upvote 0
I have no idea....but its a neat what-ever-it-is :D

HH
-GC

Upvote 0
Don't know but the latch looking end reminds me of an object someone else found a few days back. Monty

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back