Ok, Whats up with Black Canyon City?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0
which I'm guessing is this ? Unfortunately no Birds Eye View

sss.jpgUntitledssss.jpgUntitledssssssssss.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, that's them. Here are two Google pics. There are seven antennas. Using a nearby "big rig", I figure they are ABOUT 125 feet high. (the big rig box is throwing a 6.25 foot shadow so a 60 foot shadow indicates a 125 foot structure) TTC

ant.jpg

ant2.jpg

It could be part of a larger op, they set up multiple satcom sites so they can triangulate signals better and create a larger network. When I was in Alaska, I was at a site that helped track space debris. During the cold war, it was used for tracking Soviet missle shots.

Those are fairly new. I live in BCC and I'm not quite sure what they are either. It's not the Crown King Observatory, that's another 30 or so miles up the mountain. That particular location used to be Turkey Creek Ranch, then it was a Polo club, and now I believe it's a riding stable. I can't remember if they were there before or after the gas line went in a cpl years ago. I will do some asking around and find out wth they are. There are claims all over the backside of that location, but I doubt they'd have anything to do with gold. If you go north and west from there, there are several concrete pads just in the middle of nowhere. BCC is full of interesting mysteries.

Mexican? ¿Que pasa? TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back