OK, One last time

Shemanese

Jun 23, 2008
And I will quit wasting bandwidth. I thot these were hand axe's or hoes. They have a place to fit in the web of your hand, and is very noticeable, (beveled ?) on the large one. It fits perfectly. They also (I think) show wear areas on end. I thot they were used in a scooping motion. They are all thin, around 1/2". If they are not what I thot, they could be used without any modification. Again Sorry, if they are just rocks, but they fit the hand so well. Thanks for not bashing me guys, and gals, words of encouragement are appreciated.

Attachments

• Pipe, Button, Thing, Hand Axes 003.jpg
    Pipe, Button, Thing, Hand Axes 003.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 280
  • Pipe, Button, Thing, Hand Axes 004.jpg
    Pipe, Button, Thing, Hand Axes 004.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 271
  • Pipe, Button, Thing, Hand Axes 012.jpg
    Pipe, Button, Thing, Hand Axes 012.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 275
  • Pipe, Button, Thing, Hand Axes 013.jpg
    Pipe, Button, Thing, Hand Axes 013.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 283
  • Pipe, Button, Thing, Hand Axes 014.jpg
    Pipe, Button, Thing, Hand Axes 014.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 264
Upvote 0
They could have been used, but normally would show more (use wear), keep looking down, a no-brainer will jump up at you! :thumbsup:

They are not anything but rocks. I would like to give you one more general rule of thumb, how a rock fits in your hand really isn't any indicator at all of what is or isn't an artifact. I can go rock picking locally and find hundreds that have some divit, nick, gouge, chip, or deformation of some sort that make them "fit the hand just right". Rather look for signs of manufacture like peck and grind marks, striations, use wear polish, anything. Use less imagination and more critical analysis and you will change things around quickly. Most of all, listen to the people here, most know what they are talking about and can save you a lot of time in the long run if you listen. Also be honest with yourself when looking for artifacts, 99.9% will be OBVIOUS so no matter how bad you want to find an axe realize that many people go for years and years without finding one, finding 3 in one day just isn't going to happen. Don't try and convince yourself that something might be, if you find an axe you will know it, no guessing involved or trying to explain what can't be seen in an otherwise pretty decent picture will be needed. Keep looking and posting, I wish you the best of luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back