Ok! Let the trumpets sound! Ive broken the gold jinx!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok! Let the trumpets sound! I've broken the gold jinx!

I planned on hunting the whole day at one of my new sites. But, it was raining all morning! (Not complaining, it was sorely needed!)

So, what to do? Well, it was raining, the detector doesn't care if it gets wet. I don't either but didn't feel like playing in the mud today.Therefore, why not do something I haven't done since I took a break from the hobby. Over 20 years ago! I went to a local stream swimming hole. The current there is constant and fairly strong but where they "swim" is only about knee deep.

I had my friend's AT-PRO and a small hand scoop. It was a BEAR trying to use a machine that doesn't have a threshold. I was able to figure out how to pinpoint reasonably. BUT, I felt like an absolute beginner when it came to getting the target into the damn scoop! :( Lots of pulltabs just added to the woes. I must've kept pushing them out of the scoop with the current and all the stream worn stones. I worked at it for a solid 7 hours! I still just don't seem to have a good knack for digging under water. I used to have a long handled scoop when I used the Groundhog. It just seemed so much easier back then! :)

Anyway, I got 53 cents and this teeny, tiny, little ring. Either a child's or a toe ring. Thing is, I have seen a LOT of rings in my travels and this one seems to be an old style. It's a signet ring, the upper portion of the letter on the ring is broken off, it IS tiny! But, I will absolutely take it because it is my very FIRST gold ring in almost 20 years!

So, while I continue to do my happy dance and get ready for some very pleasant dreams tonight, here is the ring that almost broke my back! ;)

Thanks to all for the pointers and encouragement. I think I am FINALLY back!

HH!! and don't forget to have fun!

Attachments

• IMGA1530.JPG
    IMGA1530.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMGA1528.JPG
    IMGA1528.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 153
Upvote 1
WTG!!! Congrats.

Man that's awesome! Been hunting hard for 3 years haven't found solid gold ring. Found silver dollar, USboxplate still no gold ring.

Bet your happy that your gold drought is over,nice ring.:icon_thumleft:

Congratulations on the Golden Ticket!!!!!

very nice. it looks old, and most likely a child's ring. congrats! :icon_thumleft:

GREAT RING!!!! CONGRATS!!

Joe

Thanks to everyone for all the responses! It did take a long time to come!

One thing I noticed, the letter on the front of the ring is a different color. Might that be platinum maybe, or white gold?

Doesn't matter, I am pretty jazzed, still!

HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back