🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, gray ghost headphones,
Fisher 1265x,
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Tesoro cibola,
Tesoro Outlaw
Hey everyone,
I found this "large cent" a few years ago but it's always been a confusing one for me. It appears to be a matron head but it's all around beefier and cruder than any LC I've ever dug. In the pics, I am comparing it to a coronet LC and as you can see it's slightly thicker and has a larger diameter. It weighed in at 13 grams as opposed to about 10.9 like matron head usually are. Due to the lack of detail left, I can't see what the inside of the wreath says on the reverse side. Also, just out of curiosity I scratched the one edge and It showed gray/silver, not copper like I expected.(maybe zinc or something) I know I have damaged whatever it is but to solve my curiosity would be worth much more than its cash value:laughing7: If more or better pictures or details would help, I'd be happy to provide them!
~CC

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    485.7 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
coil crazy I found something in my 2013 redbook . not saying that its your coin but may be a start
ill see if the pic will upload but basically it may be a liberty cap 1793-1796 as they had a weight of 13.48 ounces and after 1795 there was a weight reduction to the 10.89 weight

hope this helps ,
Scott
20140323_160603.jpeg20140323_160526.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
gosh I am having so much trouble getting them pics right side up .
Scott

Upvote 0
It's a cast counterfeit, and generally collectors are only interested in better quality struck counterfeits. If it was REALLY nice maybe, but it's not really nice. :)

Upvote 0
Sweet! Thanks for the ID iron patch...Yea I figured it was some kind of counterfeit but the fact that it was cast explains its strange features. Yea I figured it wasn't worth much because its such a gnarly one but its just cool to find out info on it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back