Odd Finds To Identify

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these items two days ago and I need identification on them. If anyone have an idea on what they are please let me know.

First item to identify is this lead/pewter item, weighs 9.13 grams and is 6.5 cm long:

IMG_8410[1].JPGIMG_8411[1].JPG

The second item to identify is something made of iron, it looks like that in one of the ends there has been like a wooden pole sticking out of it. It weighs 335 grams and has a length of 9.5 cm:

IMG_8412[1].JPGIMG_8413[1].JPGIMG_8414[1].JPGIMG_8415[1].JPGIMG_8416[1].JPG

And again, if you recognize any of these items please let me know. I would love to know what any of these things could be.

The second item looks a little like the ratchet part of an old bumper jack.

Upvote 0
The second item looks a little like the ratchet part of an old bumper jack.

I actually thought so too but the iron looks too old and it wouldn't technically work on a bumper jack if you would put it on one.

Upvote 0
Item 1 is a wheel balance weight from an automobile. Zinc or lead.

Upvote 0
Item 1 is a wheel balance weight from an automobile. Zinc or lead.

It does look like it but if it is it would go on a very tiny wheel, and where I found it is in the woods where almost no cars drives so how long did they make 'wheel balance weights'?

Upvote 0
First use of lead wheel balance weights was 1930's.

Then I don't think it is that, it does really look like it but it wouldn't work like a wheel balance weight cause it isn't the right size. And it has also been broken on both ends so the item may have been more rounder and bigger too...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Still part of a pocket knife handle.:laughing7::occasion14:

Thank you for the thought, but I unfortunately don't think it actually is the top part of a pocket knife cause my piece is made out of lead and it is too thin to be able to fit on a pocket knife. I know that it really looks like one but if you'd see it in person it dosen't really look like it :)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back