Odd Fellows Home, 1900-1908, Liberty, Clay County

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Odd Fellows Home, 1900-1908, Liberty, Clay County

An impressive, significant complex of four buildings, the Odd Fellows Home sits on 36 acres. Three of the red-brick buildings exhibit the Jacobean-Revival style with rich stone door and window surrounds and gabled dormers. Nationally recognized architect, William Ittner, designed one of these structures, the Administration Building. Constructed for one of America’s largest fraternal orders, the Odd Fellows Home educated orphans and gave care for elderly members of the IOOF. The buildings are in a state of advanced deterioration; broken windows, doors and damaged roofs create a dangerous environment.

Attachments

• Odd-3.jpg
    Odd-3.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 855
  • Odd-1.jpg
    Odd-1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,673
  • Odd-2.jpg
    Odd-2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 2,916
A friend of mine hunted this pretty heavily throughout the 70's and 80's

Gypsy, This looks like a nice place to hunt! Don't think a person could ever hunt it out!! Nascarfan

I went by there this past weekend. The main entrance gate is open....drive 30 yards down a one lane road....another gate....LOCKED with a big sign for trespassing of any kind...I wonder who owns it now...the grounds are very manicured ////the building is as stated...in disrepair. The sign was intimidatiing

Dr. Bean owns it and he will not let anyone on it to hunt, he has a man that lives on the property to keep trespassers off and he will Prosecute. Not a real friendly sort.

Good thing to know, good thing I never tried to go on there. I knew someone that did hunt it about 25 years ago. He got access, partially because he worked with MO Gas, met a lot of folks and got permission.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back