✅ SOLVED Odd bronze stuff

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Does anyone recognize this thing? it's not brass or steel, it is bronze. I was thinking a non-sparking tool, like an adze, but the edge is not sharp. It has numbers 1-84819.

Then there were a lot of these hooks in the yard of a 1912 house. They read on the metal detector like pennies, either bronze or brass, but the color of fresh metal looks like bronze. Maybe hooks for a buggy canopy, or early car canopy?

Not sure about the big piece, almost looks like a edger blade.....But Im all too familiar with those little copper SOB'son the bottm, it seems like anytime i find a really old place to hunt, the yard is loaded with them, and they read right under a copper penny, so i have to dig in hopes of an IH....I think they were roofing nails or something...I just know they are a pain in the ARSE when you start finding them

Upvote 0
The first item looks like a caster shim for a straight axle. The second items are hangers for slate siding or roofing. Tony

Upvote 0
the one blade piece looks to go to a wooden hand block plane????????????????vanzutphen

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back