Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forecasters said almost 70* - winds south 20 – 30 mph -

Got to the lane around 11:am for 1:30pm low tide or so---------------raining as we depart

Light drizzle continues – stops and starts –darn and no 70* - not bad – maybe in the 50 range.

LowTideTim and I embark on our quest for gold at 15th street. Just south we see someone plundering the lane, so we head towards the professors territory. As we near, I can tell it is mr bernie – aka – BEACHCOMBER.

He is doing about like tim and myself-------------------bleak-------------mumbles

We all head north, few meager clad coins and that is about it-------------90mins. or this foolishness is enough - exit stage left --------------beachcomber has located some earrings now – we are still out of here.
The spin in the lane
OF12231.jpg

OF12232.jpg

OF12233.jpg

OF1223NUT.jpg

Now I arrive home, the sun is out, it is beautiful, some wind, so I grab my new popcorn detector I received from Joe D on Friday (new silver saber) ( I am going dirt digging soon) – off I go to the bay for a quick spin in the dry stuff.
Short spin here
BF12231.jpg

BF12232.jpg

BF12233.jpg

BF12234SU.jpg

BF1223NUT.jpg

Attachments

• good luck.gif
    good luck.gif
    28.3 KB · Views: 263
  • good luck.gif
    good luck.gif
    28.3 KB · Views: 267
Upvote 0
So that was you all out there today! We're currently visiting my daughter in Va Beach and spent the last couple of days at the Howard Johnson on the 1800 block of Atlantic. We had gone over to pick up my young granddaughters and brought them back to the beach with us so they could play in the sand while Pat tried his luck with some detecting before the rain started. As it turned out, it started raining on our way back to the hotel so we took the girls to the gift shop to kill a little time in hopes the rain was going to stop, which it did but we were only able to get out on the beach for about 20 minutes before it just became too cold and windy for the little ones. We went back up to the room and were standing on the balcony taking in the view and watched three of you try your luck in that nasty weather. We also saw someone else out there earlier that morning, and appeared to be the same person that was out there the day before as well.

Surprisingly, in the short time we were actually out there, Pat managed to dig up a ring (nothing of great value) and a charm, the only two items he ran across. It would have been nice if we could have stayed out longer but the 7 year old was shivering, even though she was bundled up, while the 3 year old had to be pried off the beach. Hopefully we'll get another chance to hit this beach again before we head back to Calif. on Saturday.

:) I wish I could have gotten out but had company that tried to eat all my food and drink all my good stuff. You just have to know my company. My brother in law that i pull all all the tricks on.

A lot of hunters don't realize how neat the lil Silver Umax is for finding stuff under the right conditions. Detectors don't have to be huge and heavy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back