New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Obama Offers High School Seniors $30,000+ to Snoop for NSA

December 13, 2013

Source: Town Hall – Katie Kieffer

Obama is offering high school seniors $30,000 a year for college tuition, PLUS a job, housing, transportation and a galore of other benefits. Apparently, Obama is having a hard time finding youths willing to spy on their friends, so he’s upping the ante.

NSA.Gov currently has a “job” posted for young people who are desperate for a job, thanks to Obama’s lackluster recovery. Under “Careers” and “Opportunities for You,” the NSA has this posting with a bold red alert notice at the top: “Notice: Stokes Scholarship Application Deadline extended until 30 November 2013.”

The objective of this job is ambiguous. The Obama administration should be transparent about why taxpayers are being forced to provide these “jobs” and “entitlements” to high school seniors. In the long run, will these jobs benefit young people, or will they benefit control-hungry bureaucrats? Also, what exactly will these young people be doing? The NSA website says young people will work in “computer science” and “computer or electrical engineering,” but without concrete details on the projects under those categories.

From the NSA’s website:

“Stokes is open to high school seniors planning on majoring in computer science or computer/electrical engineering. As an NSA employee with the Stokes Program, you will attend college full-time, receive up to $30,000 per year for tuition and mandatory fees; and work during the summers at NSA for 12 weeks in areas that are related to your course of study. You’ll acquire real-world experience and receive a year-round salary. Please note: must maintain a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale after your freshman year, if selected as a program participant, you are required to work in your area of study for NSA after your college graduation for at least one-and-one-half times the length of study.”

Wait. That’s not all! The government has many other benefits in store for young snoopers:

Extremely disturbing for all tax paying citizens.

Whats even more disturbing are the people and their mindset who would approve of it.

Lot of traitors in America right now. ...

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Of course! Mr. Obama is going to personally write a $30,000 check to each student who receives a scholarship.

The program was started by President Ronald Reagan. Survived 8 years under President George Bush (although many things and far too many people didn't).

But - now that Mr. Obama is President - why, it's his personal jr. spy program!

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Whats worse booko,he who starts something thats wrong or,he who continues doing so.Both the same in my eyes.

Last edited:
this is not a thread i began..nor did i call names or degrade anyone...

lies and hate seem to be some peoples stock in trade...then blame the person you attack.

to quote the navajo girls..."thats cheap".
did you serve in a combat arm of the military, onfire? that post is the answer.

So, name calling is worse than tax dollars being thrown down the crapper?

If someone calls you a name and you are upset, look in the mirror and figure out how to fix yourself.

this is not a thread i began..nor did i call names or degrade anyone...

lies and hate seem to be some peoples stock in trade...then blame the person you attack.

to quote the navajo girls..."thats cheap".
did you serve in a combat arm of the military, onfire? that post is the answer.

Yes in fact 9 years USN Hull detection damage control. Then 36 years in a Qusi Military Organization called firefighting. Can't answer the Question??

The NSA has been around since 1917, I think perhaps they've been recruiting people since before the Obama administration. What do you want anyways? The US to have no SIGINT? To be deaf and blind to threats? Answer me yes or no.

Thats not the point Edward,he point is hiring kids to spy on their own friends and most likely their parent.Who and what does that remind you of if you know anything about history in the early 1930s to 1945.By the way The NSA was formed on November 4th 1952.

Hey everyone RELAX. If Texas students are any indication then the kids will make something up, grab the $30000 and party. If they find out they can do it again, well, they make stuff up anyway so might as well get paid for it.

Spying on family and friends...where have we read about that in history.....? Oh I remember, 1930's Germany.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back