o o ice tokens

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
i have been on the web for a few hours trying to find out about these. i dug these up here in owensboro , KY. i posted the coal token on the token and tag page but never got a reply. so i thought i would see if you all could help , like you did on the coal token. thank you all for that. this is one neat site. the one thats for 5 cent needs to be cleaned but some one told me not to because it would rune it. thanks again

Attachments

• o o ice token 10 cent.jpg
    o o ice token 10 cent.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 150
  • o o ice token 5 cent.jpg
    o o ice token 5 cent.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 150
  • o o ice token 10 cent.jpg
    o o ice token 10 cent.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 149
  • o o ice token 5 cent.jpg
    o o ice token 5 cent.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 156
very cool token.i'm sure it will be hard to i.d.i have a few books on tokens and have not seen anything similar(yes similar but not for ice co.)if you live by where you found it(or not)check with the local historical society of where you found it...business directory's are very helpful for i.d.obscure item's.this was obviously a"good for" at this o.o.ice co.i will continue to search,but for now that's all i got.you may want to check with the token&medal society(TAMS)i'm not sure if the have a web site or not,you can also check(do a search)exonumia,there is a ton of token sites out there.hope this help's some.very cool token!!!

Upvote 0
tokenhead said:
very cool token.i'm sure it will be hard to i.d.i have a few books on tokens and have not seen anything similar(yes similar but not for ice co.)if you live by where you found it(or not)check with the local historical society of where you found it...business directory's are very helpful for i.d.obscure item's.this was obviously a"good for" at this o.o.ice co.i will continue to search,but for now that's all i got.you may want to check with the token&medal society(TAMS)i'm not sure if the have a web site or not,you can also check(do a search)exonumia,there is a ton of token sites out there.hope this help's some.very cool token!!!
thank you tokenhead for the info, i was on the web for a few hours and did not find any thing I'm going in my box's of finds and digging some out for info , the ones i don't know to much about. happy hunting

Upvote 0
Maverick tokens with just initials in the name are next to impossible to attribute. This one is not in the Token and Medal Society list of mavericks. Your best bet would be to look at old Owensboro city directories. Something like this is going to require local research - it will be a long time before it finds its way onto the Internet!
John in ID

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back