Nugget Finder Sadie Mk2 coil

Chilli

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
IMG_20240715_123028740.jpg

Hi guys. A while ago I was after a new coil and wanted a small one. The original Sadie's were out of stock everywhere and I tried for a Detech which were not in stock at the time also even though I made enquiries. Nobodies fault, just how it panned out at the time.
I was fortunate enough though as things turned out, to get handed the new unreleased Sadie 8x6 from Nugget Finder to give some feedback on field testing it before release. Awesome to get the opportunity to do so when I was in the hunt for a coil to put on the AlgoForce. Could not have been better timing.
After weeks and weeks using it I can say I have no negatives to report.
Colour has changed to Black and it has a bit of a facelift build wise. There was I was told a slight increase in weight over the previous one but this and the facelift was to accommodate the wire and winding change and use of a better abs plastic. The original move I believe was with the new AlgoForce in mind to take advantage of its sensitivity. Sensitivity has been improved with the Mk2 though I personally did not have an original to do a side by side with. Another tester did have an original though and I have zero reason to doubt his findings. If Rohan from Nugget Finder does a change it's always to advantage from what I have always experienced.
The Mk2 balances in nice and fast and Iv not struck any ground to date that has had me walk away from it. Early days a 12" Evo did see me do so in a couple of places. I purposely took this to these sites and the Sadie worked perfectly.
Now im gonna say, perfect doesn't mean no false signals from hot rocks and other anomalies, there were some. The Algo with heightened sensitivity does like certain hotties so it was no surprise.
Some, schist looking type, did give what sounded like 100% metal signals. Fortunately these didn't prevail in the areas I tested in, meaning not every sweep. Some mineral sounds caused the odd dropping groan typical of a larger deep target using a Pulse Induction but this can be experienced with near all PI's using a mono-loop coil.
Now in wet ground. For the most part I didn't experience any great differences in what I have previously come across with monos on Pulse Induction detectors. Yes some areas light up a bit more from clay lumps sitting in wetter surrounding ground, and, I did strike just two places where shallow almost concretion type shallow washdirt pockets that were impervious to water created signals. These were not conglomerate, they broke up with a flat from the top Walco type pick head hit easily, but sat dry in the surrounding wet ground consisting of top loam and surrounding clay beneath. They were predominantly white in colour and very gritty like coarse sand, they were the original washdirt left overs from an old shallow run.
Metal targets come in crisp and clear as would be expected using a small ultra sensitive coil and detector, be ready to dig up shot pellets down to bird/rat shot.
Target recovery will see you get the sound from a couple or thereabouts cm in from the coil edge when checking the excavated dirt. If you think its from the edge you'll be chasing it all day.
I have found specimens that I honestly thought had at least a few grams or maybe one gram of gold in them just to see upon the crush up 1/10th or even less. It will get way below 1/10th easy and some tiny flakes I was thankful the wind wasn't blowing 😆. Seriously, panning flakes ability.
This coil may have been initially inspired by the AlgoForce but I have it on good authority it works great on other PI's.
Im looking forward to swinging this further and have to thank Rohan from Nugget Finder for giving me the opportunity to use and test this. 👍
I'll post some finds and examples up in the coming days.
IMG_20240802_154505325_PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Upvote 4
Here's some more info on the coil detector combo.
Below is a typical example of a false clay signal with the reddish orange clay lump sitting in different surrounding ground. Its busted up of coarse after digging for the signal. Picture is a bit washed out but you should be able to make it out ok.
IMG_20240803_123115869~2.jpg

Here's the real foolers. These are indistinguishable between a false hotrock signal and actual metal target. I broke it open so you can see its makeup.
I have found other hotrock types but these are the most positive I have yet come across.
IMG_20240803_124156473.jpg

This is a reverse false signal culprit. Dropping tone that sounds like a large deep target. You just gotta dig them.
IMG_20240803_124517869~2.jpg

Now this I found with a number of years ago so no, not with this setup. But I like to use it to test things because even though it has some good visible gold its not easy to detect. Gold side up facing the coil you get a good signal. Gold side down you may not even stop for it, just a faint signal. I often wonder how much of this stuff we walk over when out and are clueless to it being there. Gold side up in mineralised ground you'd be lucky to get it from a couple of inches deep. It's interesting too, to see the difference between gold types. One specimen I found with just 1 bit in it about 1/10th of a gram gave a signal as loud as this does. Visually you'd expect this to be louder and detect deeper. But looks can be decieving. The gold flecks on this are just a really thin film type.
The reason I included this is to give an example of what you may, can or cannot expect. You can draw your own conclusions on that.
IMG_20240803_154540917.jpg

Finally what the combo does well on. Some were in quart and some ironstone.
My final thoughts is its a great combo, but I'd not like to think anyone thinks I am saying it turns everywhere into new again. It doesn't. The goldfields have had decades of hammering where I am and quite a number of previously rich places I tried gave up nothing more than a few shot pellets.
IMG_20240803_154016365_HDR~2.jpg

Anyway, that's my thoughts and in my area. Others in different types of places may come to different conclusions and see different results than I have.
Hope some or any of this helps. 👍

Here's some more info on the coil detector combo.
Below is a typical example of a false clay signal with the reddish orange clay lump sitting in different surrounding ground. Its busted up of coarse after digging for the signal. Picture is a bit washed out but you should be able to make it out ok.
View attachment 2162141
Here's the real foolers. These are indistinguishable between a false hotrock signal and actual metal target. I broke it open so you can see its makeup.
I have found other hotrock types but these are the most positive I have yet come across.
View attachment 2162142
This is a reverse false signal culprit. Dropping tone that sounds like a large deep target. You just gotta dig them.
View attachment 2162143
Now this I found with a number of years ago so no, not with this setup. But I like to use it to test things because even though it has some good visible gold its not easy to detect. Gold side up facing the coil you get a good signal. Gold side down you may not even stop for it, just a faint signal. I often wonder how much of this stuff we walk over when out and are clueless to it being there. Gold side up in mineralised ground you'd be lucky to get it from a couple of inches deep. It's interesting too, to see the difference between gold types. One specimen I found with just 1 bit in it about 1/10th of a gram gave a signal as loud as this does. Visually you'd expect this to be louder and detect deeper. But looks can be decieving. The gold flecks on this are just a really thin film type.
The reason I included this is to give an example of what you may, can or cannot expect. You can draw your own conclusions on that.
View attachment 2162151
Finally what the combo does well on. Some were in quart and some ironstone.
My final thoughts is its a great combo, but I'd not like to think anyone thinks I am saying it turns everywhere into new again. It doesn't. The goldfields have had decades of hammering where I am and quite a number of previously rich places I tried gave up nothing more than a few shot pellets.
View attachment 2162167
Anyway, that's my thoughts and in my area. Others in different types of places may come to different conclusions and see different results than I have.
Hope some or any of this helps. 👍
I like how you point out with the gold sample that are just a really thin film type as that is typical around my area for the most part. The metal detector with this type of sample is more like around a inch range at best with the gold facing the coil and less when not facing the coil. Having thicker or courser gold should sound off louder then thin film types that may not hardly sound off.
Thanks for the great topic thread. :icon_salut: :cat:

I like how you point out with the gold sample that are just a really thin film type as that is typical around my area for the most part. The metal detector with this type of sample is more like around a inch range at best with the gold facing the coil and less when not facing the coil. Having thicker or courser gold should sound off louder then thin film types that may not hardly sound off.
Thanks for the great topic thread. :icon_salut: :cat:
Thanks. Yeah you're right. A coarse bit though visibly smaller does sound off better. It's strange isn't it to see so much visible gold yet get such a comparatively small signal. I have kept a few small species over the yrs for their differences and uniqueness. I like that one too because it has that beautiful green slate attached which was associated with some of the rich reefs in the areas. I have always loved specimens.
A number of years ago, 20 maybe, an Aussie buyer was going to some big gold show there in the US and at the time I sold him some nuggets. I showed him about a dozen specimens I had also, not intending to sell them just to show him. He said I'll give you gold price for them. They were say 1/4 oz gold with 1/2 oz quartz, 20 grams with 1 oz. Stuff like that. I said mate I haven't gravity tested these yet. He said no, I'll give you gold price for the entire weight of each. Ok by me at the time. A month later when I saw him again I said How'd those species go. He said they sold within hours on day 1. 👍 Cool to think my species are part of someones collections over there. 🙂

Thanks. Yeah you're right. A coarse bit though visibly smaller does sound off better. It's strange isn't it to see so much visible gold yet get such a comparatively small signal. I have kept a few small species over the yrs for their differences and uniqueness. I like that one too because it has that beautiful green slate attached which was associated with some of the rich reefs in the areas. I have always loved specimens.
A number of years ago, 20 maybe, an Aussie buyer was going to some big gold show there in the US and at the time I sold him some nuggets. I showed him about a dozen specimens I had also, not intending to sell them just to show him. He said I'll give you gold price for them. They were say 1/4 oz gold with 1/2 oz quartz, 20 grams with 1 oz. Stuff like that. I said mate I haven't gravity tested these yet. He said no, I'll give you gold price for the entire weight of each. Ok by me at the time. A month later when I saw him again I said How'd those species go. He said they sold within hours on day 1. 👍 Cool to think my species are part of someones collections over there. 🙂
My uneducated guess on why a coarse bit sounds off with a better signal is that it compares to gauge of wire from the fact that a bigger gauge of wire can carry way more current then a thin gauge of wire acting as a sink for more of the electric wave or pulse. This means a bigger lag time for the detector to react to. :dontknow:

My uneducated guess on why a coarse bit sounds off with a better signal is that it compares to gauge of wire from the fact that a bigger gauge of wire can carry way more current then a thin gauge of wire acting as a sink for more of the electric wave or pulse. This means a bigger lag time for the detector to react to. :dontknow:
Im not sure myself. But that does make some sense. I guess we are somewhat conditioned by visual, a flat metal object will reflect more light than a ball of metal. There seems at times different things in play though with detectors fields doesn't there rather than just reflective surface area. It's quite fascinating really!

Im not sure myself. But that does make some sense. I guess we are somewhat conditioned by visual, a flat metal object will reflect more light than a ball of metal. There seems at times different things in play though with detectors fields doesn't there rather than just reflective surface area. It's quite fascinating really!
Don't get me started on the theory that the copper itself does not carry most of the current but the invisible electric field around the copper that carries the most current........... :laughing7: :whip2: The same can be said about a great conductor such as a gold bit or even the thin force field around a thin film of gold.

By the way the electric field around the copper is not visible to what the eyes can see. However a number of animals can sense the force field. One example is the sting ray and electric eels in the oceans.

By the way the electric field around the copper is not visible to what the eyes can see. However a number of animals can sense the force field. One example is the sting ray and electric eels in the oceans.
Really, that is amazing!
I believe there is more as man we don't know and can explain than what we can. If you get my drift.
Hey, one day, if you and I can still swing a detector that is....I hope 😁.... wouldn't it be great to do so going....nah not gold.....ohh yeah bingo.👍
I do enjoy this banter mate 👍

So there's a Mk2 12x8 coming out as well? Any other sizes?
Hi, yeah there is a new 12x8 coming. I saw some photos of finds made with its prototype coil and it was good. The ground looked to me in the pictures 6 to 7 out of 10 on the bad ground scale. But yeah id have been happy with the depth. Can't say the exact depth but I did see the pick in the hole and it was roughly the depth of a medium Walco pick handle, a 2 ounce nugget, bit over but can't recall. Not sure of other coils coming but more than likely will. Id imagine a 12 round in the near future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back