Now we r talking!!

Christ_in_you

Sep 14, 2007
I'm an Indian artifact person, but I'm learning about CW now.I have the battle of Pea Ridge, Prairie Grove and Canehill. All are very close to me. I know I'm on the right track, because I found a round shot musket ball. I also posted the CS brass thing from the same site. I asked a local Dealer and he tried to rip me. The problem is you cant find anywhere to hunt near the actual battles because of state historic laws, but I found private property that was a stage point prior to the Canehill and Prairie Grove battles. All three houses where taken apart and set up at the Prairie Grove Battlefield Park.Always feel free to correct anything that is wrong. That's how we learn. Thanks

Attachments

• pictures 078.jpg
    pictures 078.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 385
  • pictures 074.jpg
    pictures 074.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 382
  • pictures 076.jpg
    pictures 076.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 385
  • pictures 075.jpg
    pictures 075.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 377
  • pictures 077.jpg
    pictures 077.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 383
  • pictures 078.jpg
    pictures 078.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 366
  • pictures 078.jpg
    pictures 078.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 365
  • pictures 073.jpg
    pictures 073.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 375
  • pictures 081.jpg
    pictures 081.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 372
  • pictures 090.jpg
    pictures 090.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 383
  • pictures 091.jpg
    pictures 091.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 359
Upvote 0
I recognize the (Organ?) Reed... but I'm not sure the shoe is CW...

I thought all the soldiers boots were hammered tacks on the bottom? I only base that on boot soles I find at western Indian War soldier's training sites I hunt. It may be civilian from the same era - but it's remarkably preserved! Was the shoe/boot sole outside?

Neat finds!

Yes, it was found outside. This shoe had many repairs. Do you think the foot might be civil war era....LOL. Thanks Ray

Could you maybe post another photo of the "organ reed"? I think I had found something very similar to it this past weekend at a cabin site here in Texas...(I posted the pics earlier today)
Thanks
Baggins

Baggins said:
Could you maybe post another photo of the "organ reed"? I think I had found something very similar to it this past weekend at a cabin site here in Texas...(I posted the pics earlier today)
Thanks
Baggins

As a charter member you can do a search... search "organ reed" or "reed: by poster PBK...

He has posted pictures of orgrgan reeds and you may be able to find it... Or leave the default "*" there to find other's who posted them.

Jim

I don't think that's an organ reed. I was going with tent rope tightener...

Doubtful that the sole is CW era. In a CW campsite the most numerous thing you'll find is lead bullets, and I don't see any of those--which is puzzling. Any chance you found an old house site instead?

Neat pot-hanger.

Buckleboy

BuckleBoy said:

Doubtful that the sole is CW era. In a CW campsite the most numerous thing you'll find is lead bullets, and I don't see any of those--which is puzzling. Any chance you found an old house site instead?

Neat pot-hanger.

Buckleboy

Buckles... check picture number two... it's a reed. Organ? I think so...

Now - all the other stuff? I have no idea what it is... I agree however that its mid 1800s house stuff... CW "era-ish".

The sole I do think is much newer...

Montana Jim said:
BuckleBoy said:

Neat pot-hanger.

Buckleboy

Buckles... check picture number two... it's a reed. Organ? I think so...

Now - all the other stuff? I have no idea what it is... I agree however that its mid 1800s house stuff... CW "era-ish".

The sole I do think is much newer...

On closer look, yes. You're right. Too small for a tent rope tightener. Well if they could afford an organ, perhaps there are some nice coins waiting for you.

Regards,

Buckleboy

Thanks guys, It is an area of three homesteads, but the confederates used their homes during the battle planning. Thats why the houses where moved one piece at a time. Ray

Christ_in_you said:
Thanks guys, It is an area of three homesteads, but the confederates used their homes during the battle planning. Thats why the houses where moved one piece at a time. Ray

Very kewl to KNOW that the site was an actual staging area... I would bet a majority of finds are simply from the home... but the militaria can certainly be labeld CW... VERY kewl.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back