Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, that's a hit and a half!

I was going along, getting the usual hits, 79, 82, 86, penny, dime, quarter then, I got one of "those" hits! You know the ones. They hit strong, not too deep, 91,91,91,91,91 no matter what direction, 91. Now, don't get me wrong, I've been fooled before but this one just sounded good.

But, I actually said, "Now, that is a hit and a half!" Before I dug it and it turned out to be a Kennedy Half! LOL

A little later on in the day, I got another good hit, like the half but slightly different. I tried to figure it out.
89,90,89,90,89 I couldn't make it go over 90 no matter what. I figured, maybe, 2 quarters stuck together.

It wasn't, it was the Sacagawea dollar!!! LOL - again!!

AND......"on my way to the car", 91,91,91,91,91 NAAAAWWWW! Couldn't be! But, it was! a second Kennedy half! First time I found 3 larger coins in the same day.

2014 (569).jpg

2014 (568).jpg

Not too terrible a day.

2014 (571).jpg

I was wondering what fishy was doing all alone over there, til I looked closer.

2014 (572).jpg

That is a little flake of 14 kt gold plating! Fell off my last ring. Good nose, huh.

2014 (570).jpg

Oh well, Blingie's happy! ;)

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 15
2 bucks in 3 coins! Not too shabby!

Weather seemed a bit nicer today up here

Too bad I won't b detecting til the 28th:BangHead:

Very nice. I had never found a dollar coin in nearly fifty years of detecting and then last year, I found two within ten minutes. A Sacagawea and an Anthony.
Good Luck and HH

Cool finds!

Great finds! Like Cjon said, humidity was wonderful here today. I got quite a sunburn, but wasn't drenched in sweat anyway, lol. Nice hunt!

Looks like a darn good hunt!

usually when i get hits like that, it is a can. but once it was a Susan B. very nice finds indeed

"GREAT BIG CLAD!" there, now you just need to score an IKE dollar ! Teasing ya a bit! Good job on those halves. They have been extremely hard for me to find lately as in zero, zip, Nada this year!

2 bucks in 3 coins! Not too shabby!

Weather seemed a bit nicer today up here

Too bad I won't b detecting til the 28th:BangHead:

Don't worry, Old Dude & I will get together while you're working and find all those gold coins in your yard. ;)

"GREAT BIG CLAD!" there, now you just need to score an IKE dollar ! Teasing ya a bit! Good job on those halves. They have been extremely hard for me to find lately as in zero, zip, Nada this year!

Yep I know what you mean but I think the last half dollar I found was a seated liberty one. That was a LONG while ago! :)

Thanks!

Don't worry, Old Dude & I will get together while you're working and find all those gold coins in your yard. ;)
I seeded some for yas, plus I put iron nails right on top of each one:thumbsup:goodluck::laughing7:

I seeded some for yas, plus I put iron nails right on top of each one:thumbsup:goodluck::laughing7:

Oh, that's quite alright. My new technique is finding plenty of coins under nails. ;)
Still, you might have a neighbor watch your yard while you're gone, unless, he has a detector too. ;)

Two halves... that's nice. Congrats.

Nice getting into the "large" money! Congrats! At lest you get to keep your coins!
Wonder what would have happened if you would have said "Goal!"?

Blingie is happy, but a Jessica may not be, she lost her heart to a Gecko!
Blingie's little friend looks like he's turning into a real "gold" fish!

It's always exciting when the detector locks on a good number and won't budge! Gets the blood pumping just a bit!
I got real excited one time when the M6 read "half dollar !"....dug down about 7" and there it was!......2 quarters! Yep! Fifty cents! Until that day I had no idea the M6 could add!!!! Lol!

I just scored clad & a token last Sunday, went to a different park with a tot lot. I just got out of the truck and a car filled with kids pulls up, and it's 7:30 am! Worked around them then hit the bottom of a hill. Had a family gathering to go to.
I'm going back this Sunday, I noticed in the Ariel photo that next to the Ball field is traces of a soccer field, going to check that out this Sunday! Feeling lucky!

Oh, that's quite alright. My new technique is finding plenty of coins under nails. ;)
Still, you might have a neighbor watch your yard while you're gone, unless, he has a detector too. ;)

I gotta see this "technique" you speak of :laughing7:, although I see your results with each and every thread you make, It seriously makes me wonder what im doing differently than others. You almost always seem to manage rings, blings, or massive amounts of clad in public places whereas myself I get a good ole heepin pile of JUNK! lol.

I got real excited one time when the M6 read "half dollar !"....dug down about 7" and there it was!......2 quarters! Yep! Fifty cents! Until that day I had no idea the M6 could add!!!! Lol!

Heck my old Garrett Groundhog did one better! I got a signal that was around the sound of a nickle but not quite the same. (This was before VDI). I kept trying to ID it before I dug but I finally gave up and said it just sounded like a half signal. Turned out to be a War Nickle that had been chopped in half by a lawnmower! LOL

I gotta see this "technique" you speak of :laughing7:, although I see your results with each and every thread you make, It seriously makes me wonder what im doing differently than others. You almost always seem to manage rings, blings, or massive amounts of clad in public places whereas myself I get a good ole heepin pile of JUNK! lol.

This "technique", if I can even call it that, only comes into play in high trashy areas. I don't think it can be taught. I expect it's nothing much more than paying a little closer attention to what the machine is trying to tell you. My finds are still subject to the rule of all metal detecting. One needs to get a coil "over" a target before it can be found. I guess I'm just on a roll, (sic blessed). If I do anything different, it might be in my choice of the area of the grounds to walk over.

I look back over the area where I'd just found something really good. It ALWAYS amazes me at just how much ground I could have chosen to walk over and instead, wound up over top this! :)

I can't wait til we get together! It will have to be a blast comparing how all three hear things differently and with the same equipment!
I'll probably get up there and not be able to find my own foot! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back