Now for something completely different!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Well, not really, but how many ways can you title a post about silver FDR and George? Now that I've gone on record with a goal of silver and $1.00 face each day, the pressure is on. The suspense was gone early today (again at the silver farm) when I found this 54 Rosey on the fourth successful dig. The only question that remained was how long would it take to get the dollar; on another heater like today, that was important. I was helped a lot with a quarter and dime in the same hole, pushing me to .62; a few more dimes and pennies moved it to .86 and I didn't want to dig fourteen pennies! Fortunately, I didn't have to; this lovely 35 Washington broke the buck barrier and sent us to a happy lunch. Two other notes: I mentioned in yesterday's post (FDR elected 4 times...) that there appeared to have been another coin up against the 50 Washington; there was, a wheat I dug on my first signal. Shame on me for not checking yesterday >:(. Second, I just realized that I didn't have to break up any sibling disputes between my 5 and 7 year olds this morning. They managed a find of their own, a catch and release toad! Sounds like my beloved wants to go to Idlewild tomorrow, so there may not be any silver :'(.

Attachments

• aug9 (2).jpg
    aug9 (2).jpg
    9 KB · Views: 761
Upvote 0
Great goal and I hope you keep it up. Youv'e got one sweet spot.

Uh! And you didn't give us a pic of the kids and the frog!!! :D Sounds like they had a great adventure today and you found some very nice keepers!

Congrats! Nana :)

Nana40 said:
Uh! And you didn't give us a pic of the kids and the frog!!! :D Sounds like they had a great adventure today and you found some very nice keepers!

Picture if you will a toad small enough to fit through the opening of a plastic 16oz soda bottle which is filled with one inch of muddy water. The poor toad keeps jumping up the side, trying to escape but finding it futile. The girl's shoes, as usual, are wet and muddy. The boy, as is his custom 24/7, is asking about candy. Since I don't carry a camera in the field, that's the best I can do!

Congrats on all your silver, halfdime!!

That silver farm of yours is such a great site!! No need to go anywhere else.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dna

great story and finds halfdime ! congrats ;)

halfdime said:
Nana40 said:

Picture if you will a toad small enough to fit through the opening of a plastic 16oz soda bottle which is filled with one inch of muddy water. The poor toad keeps jumping up the side, trying to escape but finding it futile. The girl's shoes, as usual, are wet and muddy. The boy, as is his custom 24/7, is asking about candy. Since I don't carry a camera in the field, that's the best I can do!

Thanks for painting that picture for me 1/2! ;)

Nice coins. Hope you have fun at Idlewild park. Brings back memories.

That's a great goal! I hope you have great success!

The one goal I sat that I'm not having any luck with is finding my first Barber Quarter! I've been detecting for over 14 years and have found some good stuff ~ I've found two ten dollar gold coins, two Barber Halves, several Barber dimes, 1909-S Wheat cent, 1921-D Mercury Dime, gold rings, etc. etc.
But I've got a good list of "firsts" that I still need to find ~ I.E. large cent, Flying Eagle Cent, half cent, two cent, three cent (silver & nickel), etc. etc.

oddcoins said:
That's a great goal! I hope you have great success!

The one goal I sat that I'm not having any luck with is finding my first Barber Quarter! I've been detecting for over 14 years and have found some good stuff ~ I've found two ten dollar gold coins, two Barber Halves, several Barber dimes, 1909-S Wheat cent, 1921-D Mercury Dime, gold rings, etc. etc.
But I've got a good list of "firsts" that I still need to find ~ I.E. large cent, Flying Eagle Cent, half cent, two cent, three cent (silver & nickel), etc. etc.
I can help you with some of those ;D! Send me one of those ten dollar golds and I'll send you a large, two cent and Barber quarter. That's surprising, especially since you have found the other stuff you listed; just goes to show, a lot of our hobby is a crap shoot.

willie d said:
Got to Idlewild and found it closed due to power outages in the area; I should have checked the website before we left!

halfdime said:
willie d said:
Got to Idlewild and found it closed due to power outages in the area; I should have checked the website before we left!
Bummer!

Nice finds, half!

Way to keep hitting your goal.

halfdime said:

Great "picture". ;D

Thanks for sharing.

Congrats on the silver and hitting $1. By the way, Monty Python is great.

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back