SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't always find good stuff. A friend and I searched an old homesite and a stone foundation on Saturday. Found: tin roof, wood barrel bands, old tea pot, mason jar lid with ceramic insert, farm machine parts. top of a lantern? salt shaker lid, and what looks like the foot from a cast iron stove (when I first saw it I thought it was part of a revolver), and a whatsit: cone like with a design imprinted, with some shiny chrome coating? I found these sites and they looked promising but all we found was iron and junk. I am getting tired of these sites where a home or structure once stood >:(

Attachments

• 1-16-10.jpg
    1-16-10.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 311
  • 1-16-10a.jpg
    1-16-10a.jpg
    492.1 KB · Views: 314
  • 1-16-10b.jpg
    1-16-10b.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 0
plehbah said:
I empathize with your plight. There are some trips out where I only find screwcaps, pulltabs, and desperate crack fiends circling me like hyenas.

This is the fun of the hunt.

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :smileinbox: :icon_jokercolor:
Hang in there SkyPirate, for every yard or field that has nothing great, there is one that is loaded :thumbsup:

SkyPirate and I probably walked a good ten miles into the wooded area here. it seemed to have been Tobacco or cotton fields abandoned some 50+ years ago based on the diameter of the pine trees Even though it was great exercise and very peaceful, it would have been nice to have found at least one old coin. But we will keep trying.

Can't count how many hunts looked like that, even many return hunts looked like that, it's just the way the dirt crubbles.
But it beats a day at work anytime. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back