dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I know it deals with military law, other than that? Division or Company, etc?
Early Military Police School from what I can gather. Just found it. But I can not find out more, its different than those shown, I have found.
I have to quit going to garage sales.
DG

Attachments

• di 001.jpg
    di 001.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 646
PBK said:
U.S. Army Military Police School, post 1952. The design was approved in 1948, but the pierced areas between the shield and scroll were added somewhat later. For more information:

http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/Schools/Military Police School.htm
Thats the link I had found, but this seems to be
a different design. It also came from a WW-2 scrapbook kept by a young girl during 1939-45. So information does not sound right on date of orgin.
DG

Upvote 0
DISTINCTIVE UNIT INSIGNIA
http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/Schools/Military Police School.htm

Distinctive Unit Insignia. Description: A metal and enamel device 1 1/8 inches (2.86cm) in height overall blazoned: Vert, an owl affronté Or, holding in its beak a pair of scales of the like. Attached below the shield is a green scroll inscribed "JUSTITIA ET VIRTUS" in gold letters.

Symbolism: In the green and gold of the Military Police, the teaching functions of the organization are aptly illustrated in the wisdom of the owl holding in its beak the scales of justice. The objectives of the students are symbolized by the parchment scroll or diploma sealed with the approval of the school, while the martial feature is indicated by the mailed hand. "JUSTITIA ET VIRTUS" (Justice and Valor) is expressive of the purpose of the School and of the characteristics of the personnel.

Background: The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the Military Police School on 6 May 1948. It was redesignated for the Provost Marshal General's School on 8 Feb 1952. The insignia was redesignated for the U.S. Army Military Police School on 28 Jan 1965

Hope this helps

Attachments

• owl.gif
    owl.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back