Not sure if all have had a chance to see the new Nickels out so here ya go......

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro, HeadHunter Pirate

Attachments

• new nik.jpg
    new nik.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 398
You won't see these new nickels all that often, as it seems that people are hoarding them. There are 4 new nickels in this series, which runs for 2004 and 2005. The 2004 nickels feature the standars Jefferson Obverse, with 2 different reverses: the Peace Medal and the Keelboat designs. The 2005 nickels feature the new obverse, with Jeffersons profile pushed way to the side, and facing left. The word LIBERTY next to Jefferson was actually copied from Thomas Jefferson's own handwriting. The 2 reverses are the Buffalo, which is already out in circulation, and the Pacific Ocean View, which is due to be released in August.

Attachments

• 2004 Keelboat Reverse.gif
    2004 Keelboat Reverse.gif
    21 KB · Views: 324
  • 2004 Peace Medal Reverse.jpg
    2004 Peace Medal Reverse.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 325
  • 2005 New Obverse.jpg
    2005 New Obverse.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 315
  • 2005 Buffalo Reverse.jpg
    2005 Buffalo Reverse.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 310
  • 2005 Pacific Ocean View Reverse.jpg
    2005 Pacific Ocean View Reverse.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 309
Correction, I sadi the 2005 obverse featured Jefferson facing left, it should be right, which is opposite from the old design. Sorry!

Re: Not sure if all have had a chance to see the new Nickels out so here ya go..

Are these nickles going to stay in circulation,,,,?......Or just one year ? Are our Jeff. /Mont nickles coming back ? What's Up ? I know McNickle should know this but he doesn't ,and I don't either...........Shuddup.........No You Shut up.......No You Shuddup
......No You Shut up.......No You Shuddup................No You Shut up.......No You Shuddup........SORRY Got Carried Away....L.O.L.

I found a 2004 Peace Medal nickel today going through some change. I didn't even know these existed! lol!

You must be right treasurekidd...people must be hoarding them!

;)

I have only found 2 different kinds in change, i will have to get some uncirculated ones at the coin store at the cape, just in case they are ever worth alot of money ;)

I have yet to find a new buffalo nickel myself but my aunt works at a store and she was able to hook me up with a couple. Not real sure when they started to circulate around. I keep trying to go to the bank to get them and they keep telling me they don't have any. I've seen the other varieties in with the regular change every now and again.

That ocean view one looks cool!

Dudes

I found a D Mint Buffalo in a Dryer at the Laundry Matt when they first came out.

& got My First P Mint Buffalo In change Last Week.

The New ones (with Pacific Ocean View) should be out too now, but havn't seen them yet

I detected one at a woodchip play area and yelled to knorrski"I FOUND A BUFFALO NICKLE!"she came over to see it and smacked my head! ;D I didn't say what year!Oh well,no sense of humor!

peace,bigrig

bigrig40 said:
I detected one at a woodchip play area and yelled to knorrski"I FOUND A BUFFALO NICKLE!"she came over to see it and smacked my head! ;D I didn't say what year!Oh well,no sense of humor!

peace,bigrig

HAHAHA!! i did the same thing to my dad bigrig!!

In new york we have tons of those nickels i dont no why but at the restaurant i work at people have more of those then regular nickels

i still haven't come across any yet, and i ask regularly at the bank, the offset image of jefferson looks strange, it looks ok on the drawing, but on the pic of the coin it looks like a misstrike, i guess it's like many other ideas they always looked better on paper :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back