31.8 KB · Views: 224
  • unk3.jpg
    unk3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 220
  • unk4.jpg
    unk4.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 234
Upvote 0
This is a good post. I say like you it looks like a tool. I would have picked it up. Question is was it pecked into shape or ground and polished.It does not look knapped but maybe worked on the edges.I would have to say if its got knapping marks on the edge great find. If not probable just a geo fact that they could have used.You may never know.
lol Looks like a axe for sure but what does the wear look like. :thumbsup:

Regards Airborne. Have you seen the price of ammo???????

TnMountains

TnMountains said:
This is a good post. I say like you it looks like a tool. I would have picked it up. Question is was it pecked into shape or ground and polished.It does not look knapped but maybe worked on the edges.I would have to say if its got knapping marks on the edge great find. If not probable just a geo fact that they could have used.You may never know.
lol Looks like a axe for sure but what does the wear look like. :thumbsup:

Regards Airborne. Have you seen the price of ammo???????

Yea brother..... you make great ponts regarding the whats and ifs of this thing. Knapping marks? Hmmmmmm........... not sure. If they are there, they are only on one side toward the main "Blade" area. I say if, because This was pulled from a creek and the water may have worn them (Marks) away some. Now..... when you talk about wear........... there is what appears to be clear wear marks on the blade edge... just where you would expect them to be if this was used as an axe. The most interesting coincidence should this be a geofact, is the absolute even taper from center to blade... on both sides! It would seem that nature litterally crafted a usable small axe :D

Regarding the price of ammo..... awwww man. Its outcontrol as you know. I am a firearms/tactics instructor for a federal agency and have had a 100 thousand round order out for a couple of months. Every agency is hording the stuff and its hard to come by. Thats why I reload the stuff for my own use. I like to keep an ample supply of ammunittion in the ol gun vault if ya know what I mean ;D

Thanks brother for your comments and as always.... stay safe!

TnMountains

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back