Not A Slow Day A No Day

it happens. kinda like fishing, sometimes you get shut out, other days you clean up! the important thing is that you got out and enjoyed yourself. things will pick up next time.

No worries.... I'm in Florida - and yes, I got caught in the rain while I was trying to do a bit of dirt fishing today. I only found one nickle and two pennies - but I did talk to a real nice lady who said that her husband owns a detector and maybe she should try it out, too. I gave her some encouragement and told her that the way I look at it, I always wind up talking to nice folks and get outdoors for a walk. If I also find something - then, well, that's a big ole plus! Keep trying - there's plenty out there for you to find!
Ruth

DJD I know you are using the Bounty Hunter quicksilver. This is a decent machine but I have to ask since you are hunting some really solid places are you using your headphones? I know a few post ago you mentioned looking at the screen but you really need to listen for the signals vs looking for the signal. I,m not that familiar with your unit but the settings depending on soil condition seem to be your next challenge also. Have you started a coin garden or practiced with the coins and silver and gold to see how the machine sounds and reacts? This is real important. I still use my garden if I don't get a chance to detect for longer than a week. It is very easy to not remember certain tones. Keep at it . It only gets better. HH

I have been digging trash for weeks now!!

Attachments

• Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 205
  • Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 164
RE to Floater No I am not using headphones at the present these areas I have been working are tall grass/weeds with some bushes was a tad worried about snakes so I haven"t used them. As for a Coin Garden, not really I just used my yard as a test plot, but as sugested i have started digging all signals to learn my MD better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back