🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks. I have absolutely no idea what this is, or what it could be used for. It is about the size of a half dollar, and just a tad thicker. It looks like gold gilt on one side and ?stainless? On the back. It has a little stopper thing on the top...reminds me of a pocket watch. I accidentally broke it open with my digger when I was digging it out. There are no other parts that go inside. There is a small spring in there. Any ideas??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 101
perhaps a pocket compass....my guess...cover missing...compass.jpg

Upvote 0
I see two pieces, we may need side views of both and a back view of the second one, too.
Is that a spring or screw going from the edge to the center of the first one shown?

Upvote 0
Updated pics

It is a small spring. The two pieces were pressed together, before I came along and wrecked it lol. The front is a gold gilt. I'll take some close ups and a pic of the back.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 0
Hmmm...maybe. I've never seen one like that before.

Upvote 0
Maybe one of those little counters that are used at gates and such. When a person or cow or
whatever walks through, you push the button.

Upvote 0
I believe that is a mechanism that came with an Award or Brooch to hold it on a dress coat or dress! It is definitely a locking mechanism, thus the release and spring.

Frank

Upvote 0
Wow, you guys have great ideas!

Upvote 0
Since it appears to be some sort of lock/retainer and with the Gold gilt on the back, I definitely believe that it was made to hold some item of importance in place. After thinking on it more, due to it's size and that the back is solid and flat, it may have been a lock/retainer for a large emblem on a Military hat.

Frank

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back