Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the pup for a walk and saw some flint, bent over and flipped it just to see it was a rock but noticed this nearby. Funny how that works. I donā€™t find flakes or points in that area so I was pretty surprised. I had high hopes at first, then i thought maybe a scraper but itā€™s a broke, although it may have been on its way to be a scraper.
I havenā€™t looked too close to type but smith came to mind or maybe a Hardin considering the ding to the base but Iā€™ll look closer laterā€¦ not bad for an impromptu walk.
IMG_1503.jpeg
IMG_1504.jpeg
IMG_1491.jpeg
IMG_1490.jpeg
IMG_1494.jpeg
IMG_1498.jpeg
IMG_1495.jpeg
IMG_1496.jpeg

Upvote 12
Been a minute since Iā€™ve drawn one out but hereā€™s guess based on tracing it out and flipping it to fill in the broken bitsā€¦ kinda leaning Hardinā€¦ or berry. smith was more basal notched than I was thinking
IMG_1509.jpeg

Around here, stemmed points like that are usually late archaic. I donā€™t see a Hardin. Base not flared and workmanship too poor to be a Hardin.
Your probably right, my mind was on early archaic because of a nearby site, but digesting it more the flaking, and the material is off for a Hardin and the flare is very slightā€¦ maybe itā€™s a berry, I didnā€™t see many stemmed points with parallel sides.

Hereā€™s a berry from overstreet, looks like thereā€™s a little discrepancy between my book and projectile points site
IMG_1506.jpeg
IMG_1507.jpeg

Looks like a Grand or possibly an Edgewood. My vote would be grand from the looks of the base.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back