Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone!

It's been a long, cold winter for many; however I had the opportunity to stay away for most of it. I have not posted any finds since October as I have been busy with funerals and work. I finally took advantage of the nice weather today to get out for a while. My finds are far from stellar but I did manage to start off on the right track by digging twin 64 Rosie's from 2 different sites. Also found a bunch of clad and a few Wheaties. Also found a new shotgun brass that I have never seen before and it's a monark. I love seeing all of the different types of old shot shell bottoms that they have made over the years.Haven't had any time to hunt some of my older places yet but I have to get back into shape as far as the swinging goes. I almost forgot how to use my detector for it's been so long :laughing7:

Hope everyone is starting to get out and enjoy the Spring type weather and hope you have a good hunting year ahead.

HH Ron

003-4.jpg

002-5.jpg

001-5.jpg

Upvote 0
WTG CJ. Thats a heck of a great start.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Very Nice. May I ask if you are involved in Military Funerals Ron? Stay safe out there. :) jgas

jgas said:
Very Nice. May I ask if you are involved in Military Funerals Ron? Stay safe out there. :) jgas

Not since I was on active duty. These were all family and happened within 2 month period. :-[ I thought I was being punished or something but I am alright now. I still have 2 cancer family members and one is terminal.

I bet getting out helped a little today. I know it has helped me take my mind off things. glad you could get out. :thumbsup:

Great finds to start the new season :icon_thumleft: keep at it Good hunting DD60

Sorry about the losses in your family Ron. I as well as my wife are cancer survivors. I wish you all the best my friend. :wink: jgas

jgas said:
Sorry about the losses in your family Ron. I as well as my wife are cancer survivors. I wish you all the best my friend. :wink: jgas

Thanks and all the best to you :icon_sunny: My Father as well died from cancer. Have a Uncle who has terminal and an Aunt who's cancer has come back after 10 years in remission

Nice Finds Ron-I wondered what had happened to you. Glad you're back and looking forward to seeing more good posts. HH.

i have a few shell bottoms myself, just last week i also got a monark i have a site that has stamps on it, telling you dates it could of been made between....im gonna have to get a plastic case just for the shells...nice finds....gregg

sorry for your loss, and prayers for your family members battling cancer at the moment. i too lost a family member to cancer my mom years ago. i just looked at the monark shell i have mine is a 20 gauge, not a 12 like yours...gregg

GvilleDigger said:
sorry for your loss, and prayers for your family members battling cancer at the moment. i too lost a family member to cancer my mom years ago. i just looked at the monark shell i have mine is a 20 gauge, not a 12 like yours...gregg

Thanks for your comments GD. I was doing some searching this morning and I believe it dates from 1927

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back