Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man what a difference 24 hours made in the lane today. Klondike one day and bleaksville the next day-----------------“The Lane”

It was a great day to be out anywhere

Ran into john and the nitehawk, saw cmdr. Jim off in the distance. Low tide tim said he ran into wesly north zone as well. We all put in around the pier today and worked both sides for all these fine tickets today

The spin

OF1151.jpg

OF1152.jpg

OF1153.jpg

OF1154.jpg

OF1155.jpg

OF1156.jpg

OF1157.jpg

OF1158.jpg

OF1159.jpg

OF115NUT.jpg

Upvote 0
Max,
are you sure about that being a P-38? My money is on the P-51D Mustang!! The fighter that won the European Airwar.
P-38 in the foregroung and the P-51D behind.

Attachments

• P-38.jpg
    P-38.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 400
yep sweep u got it right

there is add in local paper here where a guy will take u for a ride in it

p-51 it is

and man could u hear it coming, even thru. my blackwidows

Max;
I wish he'd bring that Mustang here to Augusta and do that. I think I'd spring for a spin! Do you know if they published the aircraft's name? Even with the picture blurred I think I recognize the paint scheme. Hear it coming?!! You Bet! The 12 cylinder Rolls-Merlin engine's roar is a spine-tingler for me.
I love those planes.
I need to know what you use to apply the epoxy to your coils.
Jim

there's actually a p-51 up here in ri you can dive on. its about 100 feet offshore of a popular beach. Back in WWII, a pilot on a training flight had engine trouble and set it down just off the beach. Its in about 12 feet of water at low tide if i remember correctly. Snorkeled it once and dove it once. you can still see that its a plane... but it had definitely rusted away a bit
steve

GaBeaSwpr said:
Max,
are you sure about that being a P-38? My money is on the P-51D Mustang!! The fighter that won the European Airwar.
P-38 in the foregroung and the P-51D behind.
Don't know what the plane in the front is, but it isn't a P-38 Lightning. The plane in my photo is a P-38.

Attachments

• P38-joltin.jpg
    P38-joltin.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 204

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back