No luck

What sort of detector? Can it handle salt water? Is it a beach people frequently visit?

BTW, I didn't know there were any salt-water beaches in Pennsylvania... you must be visiting New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut? :idea: Maybe you know someone closer to the beach that could tell you where the crowds go.

If your up for the ride to delaware, I've had best luck at rehobeth beach. (about a 2.5 - 3 hour drive from philly) There's also a place further south where there have been many old coins washed ashore from a ship wreck "Treasure beach" is the nickname, but i haven;t been there yet.

Well I tried 4 different detectors Whites 3900, Eagle II SL, Spectrum XLT, Excaliber. The beaches were in VA, NC, SC Smart asses. (JOKING)

From what i have read, for the beaches a Pulse induction detector works best. Theres plans to make one out there on the net somewhere, and its on my list of things to do, after getting a detector for the S.O. and a pinpointer. Heh, and i thought this would be a simple inexpensive hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back