No idea really

OhioPlugger

May 19, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, hoping I could get some clues as to what this might be. I'm sure it's of no value but I'm definitely curious because this was the first time I've really been out so it's my first exciting find.

What I do know is that the top is stamped "Pat Dec 18 77", the Liberty Bell sits in the middle, and the bottom reads "July 7 1874." I did a quick clean but didn't want to go any further than that. I'm pretty sure it's copper. It's about the diameter of a Kennedy half-dollar and super thin.

wXibwhi.png

LukjPTh.png

cuDJ7gW.jpg

Last edited:
It may be a part of jar lid...like this...jar lid.jpg

Upvote 0
Good idea. It could be like a piece to a bottle lid or something, because of how the edge is stamped out. I only say bottle lid though because it's too small for a jar lid. I'll throw a comparison picture in there when I get the chance.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone, hoping I could get some clues as to what this might be. I'm sure it's of no value but I'm definitely curious because this was the first time I've really been out so it's my first exciting find.

What I do know is that the top is stamped "Pat Dec 18 77", the Liberty Bell sits in the middle, and the bottom reads "July 7 1874." I did a quick clean but didn't want to go any further than that. I'm pretty sure it's copper. It's about the diameter of a Kennedy half-dollar and super thin.

View attachment 997210

View attachment 997211

Maybe a canning jar lid minus the ceramic liner

Upvote 0
Thought maybe it was some sort of lid but it's super small. Just added a comparison image for reference.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back