Oct 28, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000/Di PRO sl
Garrett Ace350
Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to different freshly excavated lot , again. The old tin roof from the demolished wood clad house was strewn everywhere, so that made metal detecting very difficult for this novice hunter:dontknow: . Empty handed, and on my way back to the car as I was leaving I just found these glass bottles partially buried on top of the ground. One had the cap still intact. I wanted to slay longer, but time flies when you are having fun....It's a good day! image.jpg

P.S.- I cleaned all of them but one. Soap,water,bottle brush.

Upvote 3
Those bottles might help you date the site. They are screw caps which aren't that old, but there is some embossing, which (to my poorly educated eye) suggests somewhere in the 1930's-40's. Keep hunting-- there could be silver lurking between the nails!

Hey, thanks lab rat, I 'm going to keep on hunting for sure. Your info is very much appreciated.

Nice finds! We really need to put a name to finding stuff on the way back to the vehicle!

Agree with you there Msbeepbeep, it's that last ditch effort to get the goods.....and not come home empty handed.

Relicmeister thanks for the encouragement. I have to hunt it before the new subdivision takes its hold...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back