Mar 18, 2013
suffolk, long island
Detector(s) used
coinmaster, coinmaster gt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thinking these have something too do with hunting
DSC06065.JPG

I have been hunting for 30 years or so and I never saw anything quite like that. I can see why you would think that though they do sort of resemble hollow point jackets. Is that a pin i see sticking out of the side?

Upvote 0
If a hole goes the whole way through , could be a cable clamp . ? ?

Upvote 0
Why don't posters offer more info to help ID their stuff? :dontknow:

Put something in the pic for size reference. What material are they made of? Is there a hole in them, and if so, is it threaded?

Upvote 0
Why don't posters offer more info to help ID their stuff? :dontknow:

Put something in the pic for size reference. What material are they made of? Is there a hole in them, and if so, is it threaded?

Exactly. Something in the title would help too. If it just says "What is it?" I move on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Could be whats left of specialty arrow heads for small game.theyre designed to ensnare game,bludgeon the game,instead of puncturing wounds in small animals.

Upvote 0
As said, some indication of their size or diameter would be helpful. To say you have "no clue" but then state you think they are related to hunting means you must have has some clue. Were they found along with hunting related items.

Interesting that you have three together, similar but slightly different sizes. Ornamental ferrule pieces for an old wood fishing rod?

4405ferwrap.jpg

Maybe ferrules for natural bristle brushes?

Cross pins may be for attachment to dowels or cord (assuming they are hollow cylinders).

Upvote 0
IMPORTANT!

Whenposting in "What Is It?", please give members theinformation they need to help identify your find:

1. Postsharp closeup photos of
boththe front and the back.

2.State the actual size of the item. Also, if possible, put somethingwith it in the photo for scale: a common U.S. coin, a ruler, etc.

3.If there are any inscriptions which cannot be easily read in thephotos, type them
infull inyour post.

4. If there are maker's marks, numbers, symbols, orother marks on the back which are not easily seen in the photo, posta closeup or a drawing of them.

5. Indicate the composition ofthe item. For example: "thin brass, filled with lead on theback."

Donot deliberately withhold any information just to "have fun"seeing if members can guess correctly.

• Once your item hasbeen identified, don't forget to mark it "Solved."

Finally,if someone identifies your item or provides other helpfulinformation, take time to post your appreciation— and maybe send aPM to say, "Thanks!" too.

PerMember PBK (2005)
Don......

Upvote 0
there not hollow, no threads, seams like rubber inside, no hole going thru it, there made of brass, they are the size of an arrow head

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back