CountryGuyNY

Greenie
Apr 16, 2012
Harford, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett GTI-1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a nice old limestone home in a little NY town today. The owners believed the home was built around 1810, but are unsure because all the records burned. They have only owned the home for 13 years, but they said no one has been there to detect while they've been there. After clearing almost the entire front yard, right by the front step I got a great signal, dig it and out pops a nice early petal bell. I think, finally, maybe this place does hold a few treasures. Just a few moments later and I hit another great signal and out pops this beauty, an 1827 Large Cent with the nicest details I've ever seen on a dug copper. Wouldn't you know it, that was the last good find on the whole property, no other coins or relics. I'm happy whoever hit this last wasn't extremely thorough. HH!

WP_000278.jpg

WP_000283.jpg

Upvote 15
I don't have to tell you that's a beautiful coin. Would look good in ANY collection.

Coingrats,

Buck

Amazing condition for a dug LC. Must drain well there. Great coin & pic.

thats in amazing shape, good for u!

Nice LC. Most of them come out of the ground so corroded they look like garbage. Yours is a VERY nice find.

Great looking LC! Very rare to dig them in that kind of condition. Don't you wonder what came out of that yard before you got to it?

Pretty large cent! The onl one I have ever found took six months in olive oil before I could see enough detail to verify is was a large cent.

incredible find! the earth has really been kind to that coin.

Great coin man! Looking to find one of those someday too!

Beautiful LC CountryGuy. This coin and the petal bell are strong indications that other nice keepers are lurking there. Keep digging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back