Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finally able to get in the fields now that deer/goose season is over. Found a few pieces of a shoe buckle then not far away got the real. Strangely no other period finds in the area. Usually the other way around with lots of British coppers and colonial bits and pieces but no reales EDIT: Went back before dark and I think i found the homesite about 100 yards from the real. Found a few buttons including a blowhole as well as a silver octagonal “tudor rose” style cufflink
IMG_2244.jpeg
IMG_2245.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 47
That sure is one great start to your season. A great looking Real too!

Finally able to get in the fields now that deer/goose season is over. Found a few pieces of a shoe buckle then not far away got the real. Strangely no other period finds in the area. Usually the other way around with lots of British coppers and colonial bits and pieces but no reales EDIT: Went back before dark and I think i found the homesite about 100 yards from the real. Found a few buttons including a blowhole as well as a silver octagonal “tudor rose” style cufflink View attachment 2128950View attachment 2128981
Way to go on the Spanish!!

Finally able to get in the fields now that deer/goose season is over. Found a few pieces of a shoe buckle then not far away got the real. Strangely no other period finds in the area. Usually the other way around with lots of British coppers and colonial bits and pieces but no reales EDIT: Went back before dark and I think i found the homesite about 100 yards from the real. Found a few buttons including a blowhole as well as a silver octagonal “tudor rose” style cufflink View attachment 2128950View attachment 2128981
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!!

Sweet! I only dug 3 spanish in 10 years of swingin and none as pretty as yours. Great find!

:hello2::notworthy::headbang: SWEET Spanish silver!!!!:hello2::headbang::notworthy: I have only dug one of those in my 17 years of detecting.
Looking forward to seeing what else comes from that spot.
Congrats,
MM

Thanks for checking it out. Made my year if I get nothing else. Went back today and could not find much. No old high conductors at all. Im thinking one of three things. It may have been detected before(not typical for my area) or these people didnt have much to loose or Im not getting enough depth/separation with my lowly Minelab Vanquish 340

Epic start to the season! What a beautiful piece of Spanish silver- Congrats!!!

Great finds! Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back