cullman al
Detector(s) used
v3i/ xl 6000 pro/AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello everyone hope you all had a happy 4th
I was at my local store today going thru the change
came across a nickel its a 1960 ..has a mirror image on it
very shiny I took a pic of it...the pic does NOT do it justice at all. I've never seen a nickel as bright and shiny as this one....possible cameo is there anyway to tell? sorry about the ignorance ...not as knowledgeable as some of you pic is crappie but will post anyway
on another note a gentleman that use to be the fire marshal in my town has his on armored car service and own several coin star machines ...he was telling me nearly everyday he runs across silver told mea couple very interesting stories one being he was taking a bag to the reserve in Birmingham
and noticed one of his money bags felt and sounded different from the bank pickup they opened it up .....said it was a bag of half dollars 3/4 of them was 64 and below
wow.gif
.....I told him id work for free
laughing021.gif
just for the perks!!
another quick storie they was going thru dimes the other day and came across a 1852 3 cent piece....what a dream job!
his shop is close to where I live gonna try to make me a new best friend haha
added the one on the left just for comparison....wish the pic would show up better but best I could get it

Attachments

• mirror nickel.jpg
    mirror nickel.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 148
  • double.jpg
    double.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 160
Upvote 0
Thank you all for your post

Maybe broken out of a mint set or proof set recently...it looks from the pic like some I have in mint sets from that year.

Ty for your input it's inset with high ridges was going thru change at local store nearly passed it up and noticed the mirror like image

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back