Nice new permission!

ShortbusElite

Jun 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time to detect has been rare these days. I love when I get a free day to swing a detector and end up making some good finds. I ended up with five indians and 1 silver. I sure hope there is some older silver next time although I like the silver Rosies too. The buffalo nickel is a 1917 although it is quite toasted. You guys have any advice on cleaning up nickels? I always seem to wreck mine.I think my favorite of the finds is the sprocket lock. Now if only I can find the key. 20170625_185048.jpg20170625_184921.jpg20170625_184834.jpg20170625_184729.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Upvote 14
I like the bull Durham charm. IHP are one of my favorite finds. Congratulations

Very nice, and there's gotta be some Barber silver around there!

That lock is super cool! Nice finds..

nice haul, wheaties and relics

Okay, an update on the bull charm. I found online that it was a promotional watch fob for the bull durham tobacco companies around 1910-1920. Cool stuff.

Very nice, and there's gotta be some Barber silver around there!
I hope you are right. I was told that the site has been detected before. Hopefully my CTX will unmask the things the guy left behind.

Check out these nickels...wifey got me a coin (rock) tumbler for Father's day...I've been collecting these since I started few years ago..hope this helps...Ddf

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-22-18-57-41.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-22-18-57-41.png
    893.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Check out these nickels...wifey got me a coin (rock) tumbler for Father's day...I've been collecting these since I started few years ago..hope this helps..Ddf
Those nickels look great! For jeffersons a rock tumbler would work just fine, I would just hate to throw a nice shield nickel in one of those [emoji3]

The little brass skeleton key lock is high on the way cool scale.:headbang: Tribe of Indians, Buffalo, and a silver dime is a great hunt. Not to mention a Bull. Fantastic!:hello2:

Nicely done! Congrats and HH

Congratulations on a very nice day. Great finds. My advice on cleaning a nickel is don't. I do not clean any coins more than just warm soapy water regardless of what anyone says. The first thing you see on any coin appraisal is " improperly cleaned ".

Love those indians!!! on our nickles we let them sit in lemon juice for 30 minutes and have had luck. We have also frozen vinegar for 30 minutes, pour out the un-frozen liquid (discard it) and placed the nickel in the frozen pieces. Add a little hydrogen peroxide and the date and detail came right through!!! Can take a few minutes or couple hours. Check youtube and you can find some videos. good luck!!:icon_thumright:

Sweet lock. Kinda sought after too. Made by Slaymaker Barry Co. (1890's - 1900ish). Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back