Nice little gun in the woods

B

Bev

So when my kids are grounded, unfortunately so am I.
I went around my front yard with my AT Pro and found a matchbox car, a 1965 quarter and an old 60amp fuse. I ventured out across the street where there were never any houses, just straight woods to the river. 6 inches down near a rock I found this little guy! The hammer still moves! If anyone knows anything about these toys I wouldnt mind knowing a little more!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,472
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,478
Upvote 0
cool gun Bev! good to get out huh? :thumbsup:

Very very cool! I must have found that site just when you did, Jewelerguy! I just read about it! Too too funny! It was the last thing I expected and it's going in the curio with the rest of my junque!

I can tell ya,I had one as a kid in the 70's....wish I still had it!!

Nice Find!!! Congrats! :headbang: :hello2:

What a fun thing to find! I know the kids since the 50's used to play back there but never thought I'd find much!

Great find !!! :headbang: You took me back,I had one of these :wink:

Nice gun! I like finding them, especially when their in one piece, good job :icon_thumright: !

TommNJ

Cool. I had a cap gun just like that when I was a kid. Ahhhh memories :)

Very nice cap gun find Bev! :notworthy:
I'd love to find a complete one someday! :thumbsup:

Dave

Nice little gem for sure, I found an older metal cap gun once in a yard, it was from the forties in that area, I gave it to the land owner thinking he would take care of it, well he just handed it to his 7 year old to play with, I almost cried.Take care of it, it is a nice little show peace. Nt

I learned a valuable lesson. Although there were never houses in those woods, the kids used to play there all the time from the 50's...well, until those dumb handheld DS things showed up.
I drive all over the place looking for places to hunt and I didnt have to go far at all.

We also had 6 inches of top soil brought in because a landscaper accidentally applied Kill-all instead of fertilizer. I figure that's the end of that but...who knows where that soil came from, Right?

Nice save! Seems all i ever find are broken pieces.

I have not seen that particular cap gun posted on here Before ! I like it :icon_thumleft: I am getting quite a collection of them and you will too ! Keep us posted ! M.R.

It was pretty gunked up when I pulled it out. After a little cleaning and wd40 the hammer cocks (hope thats the right term) and the trigger releases it so it's in working order now which is sweet. It was a little difficult to find a lot on "Carnell" but there is a lot of "Nichols" info out there. There is a man in my neighborhood that bought his parents house and played with his friends in those woods. I can't wait to show it to him and see if there might be a story behind it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back