Nice hunk of silver

B

BIG61AL

The company I work for took us all to a picnic during work hours. I asked if I could use my metal detector in the park where it was held. They said yes, so I did. Found this nice fat silver bracelet right in front of my coworkers who were making fun of me. I showed them! Weighs in at a nice 3/4 oz of .925 SILVER! Yeah baby! I actually was paid to hunt and find this - SWEET!

Attachments

• bracelet 001.jpg
    bracelet 001.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 532
  • bracelet 002.jpg
    bracelet 002.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 543
Upvote 0
I FINALLY had that moment. When I was a kid I saw a guy digging in the park, pulling shinny silver coins out of the ground. So now I'm the crazy guy digging holes in the ground, but everytime some one comes over the next hole is ALWAYS something stupid. Last week guy comes over to chat "whatcha doin'?",diggin for old coins, I tell him, when shinny silver rosy slips out of the hole. Dude's jaw just drops, you mean there's actually silver coins just laying around in the ground?????

That is just FUN when people looking at you like you're NUTS for digging in the dirt, then you pull the shinny stuff right in front of them. Congrats!

I've been metal detecting for 14 years and I still laugh at others doing it, as well as myself at times. We're all big dorks in this hobby, guys. How many people would spend hours upon hours digging holes in parks just to find coins? WE do! And we're damn proud of it, but that doesn't mean we aren't nerdy! lol

Joe

I am sure that shut their mouths! LOL :thumbsup:

The other day I shut my co-wokers up for a while when my dirt digging eye picked out an arrowhead at our construction site.I gave it to the guy who is not well liked by the others and now everone is quiet waiting for their free find from the "Metal Detector Geek". SHHHHH I hear a beep :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back