bell2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,140
Upvote 0
sweet bell indeed

Very nice indeed.

That bell should still jingle. Nice!

very nice.......:>
mine is just top half....:<

Now that is a nice one! I have found 2 of those over the years and both had the part that attaches to the harness broken off, which is probably why they were lost in the first place, so to find one whole is really outstanding work! HH.

Chuck.

Thanks everyone...Im just glad i got out...It just snowed 6 inches here :( ....Come on SPRING!!!!

Nice find, a piece I found last year looks as if it could be from the same kind of bell you found.

I think the S&N on the bottom stand for Seth North from New Britain, CT, c. 1803-1840. Cool find :icon_thumleft:

I've found 2 like yours and 3 which were more like pancakes. Wife wants me to find more. Tried to tell her, it doesn't work like that.

PFP

Thanks for the ID sscindercoop...That is the date from the site...So it could be. :icon_thumleft:

Brian W said:
Thanks for the ID sscindercoop...That is the date from the site...So it could be. :icon_thumleft:
Thanks but I cant take all the credit. I found a sleigh bell very similar to yours with the same initials and PBK gave me the info on it. :icon_thumleft:

Awesome find Brian, i found one identical to that 2 yrs ago in Maine. I believe it dates to around 1860-80's?? Sweet find, ive found 3 of those types of bells, i always enjoy digging them up. Happy Dirt Fishing.

-Dan

Nice one Brian :icon_thumleft:, I only get fragments ;D.

hammered

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back