Nice 18th Century Drilled Shank Button

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went to 2 different sites the other day. One has bad soil and is damp and the other is sandy and dry. They are about 15 miles apart. Both days I found Carlos 111 half reales on both sites. The first site is Sandy with a nice coin. The second site is damp with a horrible coin. Yesterday I went back to the sandy site to try to find some more silver. No luck on coins but did find nice early 18th Century drilled shank button. It's about the size of a half dime. I love playing in the sand boxes!

Attachments

• r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 47
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 23
  • star1.jpg
    star1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 23
  • star2.jpg
    star2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 27
  • star 3.jpg
    star 3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 30
Upvote 20
I went to 2 different sites the other day. One has bad soil and is damp and the other is sandy and dry. They are about 15 miles apart. Both days I found Carlos 111 half reales on both sites. The first site is Sandy with a nice coin. The second site is damp with a horrible coin. Yesterday I went back to the sandy site to try to find some more silver. No luck on coins but did find nice early 18th Century drilled shank button. It's about the size of a half dime. I love playing in the sand boxes!
That’s a really nice button. Congrats. Is the other item a broken 2 piece buckle?

great saves, love that old silver. the button is very cool too, wtg and thanks for posting

Awesome finds! Love that button...

Congrats on the recoveries.

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back