• IMG_8350.jpeg
    IMG_8350.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8263.jpeg
    IMG_8263.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
Upvote 4
Nice finds !
Sorry, I can't give you any help with trip.
Good Luck & Good Hunting !

Last edited:
16 years ago, this was one opinion:'
The Spanish Tourist Office in London advises in their General Information sheet:

Metal Detectors: The use of metal detectors is not allowed unless an import license for the detector has previously been issued. Further enquiries should be made to the Spanish Commercial Office.

The Commercial Office at the Spanish Embassy, if asked, provide the following written information:

1. The use of metal detectors could involve considerations of the Law and Regulations governing artistic or archaeological finds, involving national heritage and treasure trove, as provided by the very detailed Law of 25th June 1985 (Historical Heritage); and the Royal Decree of 10th January 1986 which develops it.

2. If anything is found, therefore, it would be necessary to comply with the complex procedures outlined in these enactments; and it would certainly not be possible for any finds to be taken out of Spain until the proper Authorities had given their consent. That could take months; and if the article in question is classified as part of the national artistic heritage, and/or is over 100 years old, it is not likely to receive an export permit either at all, or for a very long time, owing to the complexity of the procedures.

Asking the TN members is a good choice; a better one would be to request a written opinion from the Spanish authorities.
Don in SoCal

Your 'standing Indian' State Copper coin is either a 1/8 or 1/4 real issued between 1833 and 1835. The denomination and date will be on the reverse. If the denomination is obscured, the 1/8 real will measure 20mm; the 1/4: 27 mm.
Don in SoCal.

Last edited:

AU Sekeer,

Thank you for your response, very valuable.

According to this information, I will not carry my detector.

Thanks again

Keep in touch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back