Newbies First day out, Finds for 8/6/05.

R

RangerGal

Newbie's First day out, Finds for 8/6/05.

I thought this day would never come! Due to the fact that I received a Discovery 3000 with a bad on/off/volume switch as a present, I figured it'd be a while until my Hubbie got around to finding the replacement part. 1 and 1/2 months later, and it's working again. Big thanks to Bounty Hunter, who let me write for the part thru the mail. After much cursing and sweating, Hubbie got it baclk together and I went out this morning.

I'm still feeling the detector out, but sure enough, the Discover 3000 is a coin hound. In coin garden tests it picks up dimes, dollars and quarters with no trouble. Tough deal with the nickels - it's very indeterminant, reading anything beween iron and a pulltab (it's marked near the iron mark, but rarely reads true.)

My first spot was the local kiddie park in the sand around the swings. I dug everything because I wanted to see what the 3000 was sounding on - and if it was accurate. Sure enough, rusted metal/iron comes up with nails, nails, nails and more nails.
A Pull Tab signal got me the silver bell, (a pull tab, too) and a little metal flower.
Suddenly I got that short, sweet, tone and an indication for a Quarter! Out it popped, barely below the surface.
my very first find was a bright blue rhinestone and a nail, sitting together.

The only trouble I had was the sensitivity - even set very low, the 3000 reads even the rebar below the sand! Ah, well.

Tonight I'll hit the schoolyard. Will post more pics when I harvest more stuff! Thank you all for helping me learn before I went out.
Here's a piccie of today's finds!

Attachments

• 80605finds.jpg
    80605finds.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 351
Upvote 0
Re: Newbie's First day out, Finds for 8/6/05.

Congrats on your first finds! Many more are in your future! Welcome to the forum.

vicki

Congrats on your finds RangerGal!!!

;)

Welcome RangerGal to the forum ! Your finds will be better and better as time goes on. Good Luck !

Huntin' 59er

Not a bad start! Got some good experience and it sounds like you had some fun, Way to go!

-Mike

great start the more you go out the better you will know your mach.,then the finds will get bettert and better
congrats----randall

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back