Mnwedge

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2014
Port Charlotte, FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all, I am new to the hobby and still learning how to use my MD. Trying to learn what to dig and what to pass over, but for now digging any and all targets located. I went to a park this past weekend and found numerous items of no value but learned a lot about what diff metals sound like and indicate on my MD. I know these finds do not compare to the ones I have been reading about on this forum, but I will get batter with experience.

Upvote 4
Here are the pics from the park and then the beach hunt I went on this evening.....

Attachments

• image-2357755314.jpg
    image-2357755314.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 93
  • image-354344399.jpg
    image-354344399.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 97
gotta start somewhere, welcome

Welcome Mnwedge, hoping you find the joy in the hobby that I have. One of the biggest things that will help keep you producing in this hobby is the research. Using the topo maps and GoogleEarth to locate the old homes, schools, and gathering places will greatly improve your ability to find the older stuff. There are some great resources on this site to assist you at that. Leave the properties you hunt in better shape than when you arrived and you will actually find landowners willing to help you find new places. Best of luck and HH.

Welcome to T Net!
Not a bad haul at all. The more you hunt the more you find, and you will dig some good stuff from time to time!
One if my less than stellar hunts on a beach snagged me half a corroded zinc and a handful of pop tops!
So what you've got there is pretty good! GL. HH!

Whether you have 1 post or 6000 people..... will treat you with respect on this site....
My personal opinion this is the greatest mding site on the net...
A lot of wisdom on this site and the guys and gals will help you any way they can

Thank you to all for the greetings. I have already learned a lot just reading several of the various threads. Going to hunt a different park today if the rains stay away.

Welcome aboard. I started detecting about 9 months ago and dove in head first. I stayed up late researching old places and my areas local history for hours every night. I try to only put myself on very old sites. The beauty of these sites are
A. You obviously have a great chance of finding a nice old coin or relic from long ago.
B. You can basically dig every signal because you're not in a place with newer trash normally.
This approach has brought me several Large Cents. Several 1700s coins including 3 Spanish silver coins, a beautiful Patriotic Political button, a vey old brass pistol barrel and several other great coins and relics. If you put in the time researching and you go where others won't you will be successful. All the best, Abe

sounds like me^^^...Ahab you got 2 months on me
MNWedge I see you found bobby pins,at least you know your detector can find the real small stuff.keep at it...it wont be long till something good pops outta the ground

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back