beasy324

Oct 12, 2013
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
With Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody im from Palm Bay Florida and I recently bought myself a Tesoro Tiger Shark because I also enjoy scuba diving and this detector is rated to go down 200ft. I need some advice on how to set it up to get the most out of it. Also what are some rules I need to be aware of id like to detect lakes and rivers and the ocean. Now im aware you cannot enter the water around vero beach due to the 1715 ships, but at which point can you enter i.e. Melbourne beach? Satellite beach? Indialantic? Any information would be great!

One last thing I need a scoop any idea locally where I can get one?

Just as a head's up, the "Tiger" Shark is a freshwater machine (single-frequency VLF) and will suffer in saltwater. The "SAND" Shark is a saltwater machine (Pulse Induction). In saltwater, you will have to dumb down the Tiger Shark (lower the sensitivity quite a bit).

Farther down the forum is "Beach/Shallow water" quite a few of the people that post there are in Fla. and may be able to answer your questions. GL. HH!

Alright thanks for that information (Terry) I will have to check out that Forum Msbeepbeep!

I went out to Melbourne beach today nothing but little dime size piece of metal everywhere I had a magnet mounted on my sand scoop so it helped gather the little pieces up but still was very annoying!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back