Newbie. Please help!

Amberleigh

Dec 13, 2015
Post, Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
This was found on our ranch in Texas. We also found an arrowhead nearby. We don't know what it is or the approximate age. Thanks for your help. image.jpegimage.jpeg

Upvote 0
I think it is a natural rock and not a native made relic but very well could have been used by a native as a net weight, huge bead or...... It's a cool piece and I would have brought it home. Good Find.

A very interesting rock, but I agree with "Indian Steve" that it's a natural formation. Notice the different shades of color orbiting out from the eroded hole, they are indicative of a different density within the stone. The soft middle has eroded away by natural causes. Lots of stone like that down around Waco and other places.

I don't actually think it's rock. It seems like clay. Not positive though! I'm just started becoming interested in looking!

I have a rock like that at home, most of the inside was a softer stone that eroded away long ago.

It is natural rock, no sign of it being drilled or worked by man...

Natural if it was used for a arrow shaft tool it would be smooth from use.

Welcome to the party. Good luck and happy hunting. It may just be a natural occurrence but it is still cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back