bomber7777

Greenie
Jul 15, 2013
ONEIDA, WEBSTER NY
Detector(s) used
GARRETT 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi guys............well I bought the garrett 2500 to jump right in.............and actually got to metal detect at battle of oriskany battlefield.....................not fun at all............found only mini balls and some nails......................cant figure out the mini balls although research shows huge reenactment celebration at battlefield site in 1890..............but is brutal to go there................let me be clear I did not go on the site....landowners let me hunt surrounding lands but it still was rough.................anybody have good places to hunt in upstate new York? anyone interested in forming club? I have the bug bad but I would like to go with people who know what they are doing so I can learn............

Hey Mr. B....Welcome to T-net...I'm not From New York but been on the Garrett bandwagon since '84, using the 1350 now but looking at the 2500 for my next upgrade, hope you find lots of great things to post and enjoy the 2500, happy hunting :wave:

thanks fiddler................I love the garrett but am struggling with it............I need to hunt with people who know how to use it..............I think I spend to much time digging up junk..........can't seem to get anything good yet........

This is old advice but well worth it, if you haven't tried it already...Go out in your yard and find an area with no signals, and bury some coins at different depths and get used to what they sound like and what the readings on your display are...More importantly bury all types of coins (one at a time) in the same hole with different pieces of junk and see how the detector responds in each case, scan them east to west, then step around the target and scan north to south and remember the sound and readout of these signals. In my opinion the best feature of the high end Garretts is the size profiling, practice using that on your buried targets in the yard until you master it!
...One more thing if it's not too many already...if you are getting nothing but junk signals turn your sensitivity down, that helps in a trashy area...good luck!

THANKS GOOD TIPS..............SEEMS LIKE IT IS ALWAYS SHOWING ME TARGETS AT 12 INCHES DOWN ALL THE TIME...........VERY HARD.............THANK YOU

You can scroll down to the last forum in the main forum list called "Select your area" and click on New York, it is a sub forum for each state...clubs, hunts and the like.

pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: New York for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back